***Member Journal FAQ*** - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
***Member Journal FAQ***
***Member Journal FAQ***
Go Back   STI Forums > > > ***Member Journal FAQ***
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
***Member Journal FAQ***
***Member Journal FAQ***
***Member Journal FAQ***
***Member Journal FAQ***
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-07, 02:24 PM   #1
Kevin
Site Owner & Mod God
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: The Driver
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kevin has disabled reputation
Default ***Member Journal FAQ***

A member journal is your personal thread dedicated to your vehicle, which doesn't even have to be a Subaru since we recognize that our members may come from another car culture before discovering the Subaru community and "What makes a Subaru, a Subaru." Post pics of your car on the day you purchased it (or soonest pics you have of it) and then update the thread with pics or videos of car as you proceed through each modification stage or when you want to update the other members who follow your thread.

Read the FAQ below to learn how to start your journal and increase its exposure on IWSTI:

1) How do I create a member journal and how do I attract readers to my journal?

2) How can I make a thumbnail appear next to my member journal thread when viewing the Member Journal Forum?

3) How can I get an image of my car on the home page?

4) How can I feature my member journal below my avatar?

Follow Us on Instagram | Follow Us on Twitter | Like Us Facebook | Subscribe to Us on Youtube | View my Journal

[B]If you have a question, please email me or use the Private Support Forum. If this relates to a specific thread or post, please report it using the Report Post Feature.

Last edited by Kevin; 12-18-08 at 11:24 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-17-07, 09:24 AM   #2
Kevin
Site Owner & Mod God

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: NEW FEATURE: Show off your member journal

How do I create a member journal?

1) Register or Login;
2) Click one of the following links to start your IWSTI Member Journal (this link for GD Series (2003/4-2007) vehicles, this link for GR Series (2008+) vehicles,or this link for 2015+ vehicles, or this link for all other years, makes, and models Subaru or non-Subaru related);
3) Name your member journal by filling in the 'Title';
4) In the message, area, tell us the story about how you came to own your STI, share pics of it, and continue to update the thread with your modification wish list (wheels, upgraded suspension, or performance parts) and tell other members about your experience as you spend more time with your Subie.

WAIT!!! Do you want YOUR Member Journal to attract followers? If so, read on...

Ben, the previous IWSTI Admin, built a sweet STI Race Car. He pioneered a format for the member journal that attracted the greatest number of viewers and he had the greatest number of replies per week in his member journal than any other member journal at that time.

Before you read on, check out his member journal to see this recommended member journal format. He made the first post in his thread member journal an Index or Table of Contents to every update he made to his member journal. This allowed him his followers to skip irrellevant discussion and posts from other members and only read about the modification path he took from the day he purchased his STI through the date he decided to make it a Full Time race car and through the date that he sold his STI.

What should you do if you want your member journal to have 85,000+ views and almost 1,200 replies?

Immediately after you start your member journal, post a reply to it, stating "Reserved." This will give you the option to later move the contents of your first post to this second post so you can convert your first post into an Index / Table of Contents so readers can read about your car without having to read through all the replies from other members. I also recommend that you include a list of sponsors, a list of your modifications, and include any noteworthy or exceptional images, photography, or wallpapers you have made available to other members.

Last edited by Kevin; 04-13-14 at 02:19 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-10-08, 12:14 PM   #3
Kevin
Site Owner & Mod God

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default ATTENTION: Get your Member Journal on the home page

How do I make a thumbnail appear next to my member journal thread when viewing the Member Journal Forum?

The image that appears next to a thread in the member journal forum is a thumbnail of the first image attached to the first post of that particular member journal thread.

If you are creating a member journal for the first time, you will notice that you can attach files in the Additional Options are when creating your member journal thread. If you want to take advantage of this feature for a member journal that you have already created, EDIT the first post in your member journal and then click GO ADVANCED. You can attach the image to your post. After you click save, the server will automatically resize the image and display it as a thumbnail.

You can update this attachment any time to reflect your new modification, paint job, or graphics.

Follow Us on Instagram | Follow Us on Twitter | Like Us Facebook | Subscribe to Us on Youtube | View my Journal

[B]If you have a question, please email me or use the Private Support Forum. If this relates to a specific thread or post, please report it using the Report Post Feature.

Last edited by Kevin; 03-01-08 at 01:33 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-01-08, 01:33 PM   #4
Kevin
Site Owner & Mod God

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: ***Member Journal FAQ***

How can I get my member journal featured on the home page?

The Featured Member Journals section that appears on the home page pulls only those IWSTI Member Journals that have an image attached to the first post and that have been replied to recently.

To make sure your IWSTI Member Journal has a chance to appear on the home page, EDIT the first post in your member journal and then click GO ADVANCED. You can attach the image to your post by scrolling down to the Additional Options section and attaching an image to that post. After you click save, the server will automatically resize the image and display it as a thumbnail on the home page when a member replies to it.

Last edited by Kevin; 03-01-08 at 01:38 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-01-08, 01:34 PM   #5
Kevin
Site Owner & Mod God

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: ***Member Journal FAQ***

How do I feature my member journal in my postbit detail below my avatar?

1) Go to your member journal and find the complete URL. Identify the thread number.

Here is an example URL:

PHP Code:
www.iwsti.com/forums/site-news-announcements/105147-new-feature-show-off-your-member-journal.html 
The thread number for the above URL is 105147, which appears just before 'new'.

2) Go to your User CP and click Edit Profile.

3) Scroll down to the section titled, "My Member Journal" and paste the thread number (not the full URL) into the field below it.

Once you paste the thread number and save the changes, then you will notice that your car (as listed below your avatar and above "Fav Mod" in the post detail) now links to your member journal.

To discuss this , please do so in this thread:
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/site-new...ml#post1616651

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Closed Thread