www.cdxlife.com. Mydex handheld chemical analyzer... - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
www.cdxlife.com.  Mydex handheld chemical analyzer...
Go Back   STI Forums > > > www.cdxlife.com. Mydex handheld chemical analyzer...
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 02-10-17, 04:45 PM   #1
blacknblue06STI
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Black, 06' STI
Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V2
My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about
Default www.cdxlife.com. Mydex handheld chemical analyzer...

Has anyone picked one of these up yet? It can test water food, and even cannabis for chemicals going into your body. It also works with smart phones to get instant readings results. Think of it as an Oil Analysis but for your health instead of your engine LOL, that you get instant results. Its pricey right now but should come down as more are sold.

I would think people worried about their tap water would really get a use from this, and people who want to test their food. Interesting technology.

MyDx - Hand-Held Portable Chemical Analyzer
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-10-17, 05:24 PM   #2
RussellX
Master Contributor Level 1

Car: RED 16 WRX STI
Fav Mod: Its All Stock
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RussellX will become famous soon enoughRussellX will become famous soon enough
Default Re: www.cdxlife.com. Mydex handheld chemical analyzer...

Smells good, tastes good, ill eat it. No need this testing bullsh!t
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-11-17, 09:51 AM   #3
blacknblue06STI
Gold Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about

I hear ya, but the water testing ability alonne seems to be very good timing these days. Michigan, and all the states that may be affected by pipelines going in and such, lead, contaminants etc etc...the peace of mind knowing that the water was safe or not could save from serious illness and long term health problems. Being able to test on the fly too!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-22-17, 06:04 AM   #4
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

Pretty cool from a chemistry perspective. I'm not paying 700 + 12.50 per sample though. At some point we spend all our money on insurance of some sort or another...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-22-17, 06:45 AM   #5
BluSTi
IWSTI Guru
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 04 WRB STi
Fav Mod: Me!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BluSTi is an unknown quantity at this point

Meh,

Municipalities have their water tested every year and the results are always posted. If you want more info, then have your water tested independently, it doesn't cost much and it'll be site-specific. As for testing food, no thanks. There's going to be a shitload of compounds that are harmless listed and who needs that headache. As for cannabis, it's legal here so whatever is on the label is what you're getting.
2005 Ducati 999
1972 Mustang Mach 1

"Brakes are the enemy of speed."

"Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause all of your worst fears to come true."
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-22-17, 07:21 AM   #6
DaveC113
Advanced Contributor Level 4

Car: '16 ISM STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DaveC113 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSTi View Post
As for cannabis, it's legal here so whatever is on the label is what you're getting.
If you think that you're severely misguided.

I used to consult for the industry when it got going here in CO, it's full of the most worthless, ignorant and morally bankrupt people the world has to offer. MANY of them think nothing about spraying incredibly toxic and illegal chemicals on their plants right near harvest.

It took years, but now they're starting to crack down on it. That doen't mean people don't cheat though... unless you know and trust the grower there's a larger than comfortable chance you're ingesting pesticides with your cannabis.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-22-17, 07:40 AM   #7
BluSTi
IWSTI Guru
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 04 WRB STi
Fav Mod: Me!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BluSTi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
If you think that you're severely misguided.

I used to consult for the industry when it got going here in CO, it's full of the most worthless, ignorant and morally bankrupt people the world has to offer. MANY of them think nothing about spraying incredibly toxic and illegal chemicals on their plants right near harvest.

It took years, but now they're starting to crack down on it. That doen't mean people don't cheat though... unless you know and trust the grower there's a larger than comfortable chance you're ingesting pesticides with your cannabis.
Perhaps, but I'm not the one ingesting it. I'm not sure what Washington's testing standards are, but the grower I know says his weed is tested yearly and randomly for potency and residual chemicals.
2005 Ducati 999
1972 Mustang Mach 1

"Brakes are the enemy of speed."

"Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause all of your worst fears to come true."
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-22-17, 07:31 PM   #8
blacknblue06STI
Gold Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

cities and municipalities testing water??? LMAO!!! something something flint michigan??? All kinds of shit in the drinking water they dont tell you about. I think that mydex tester is a no brainer even for the price.

And the cannabis testing ability is going to be HUGE over the next year, they will never be able to 100% test everything going out the door. Having a way to test independently will be HUGE, and make it a lot safer. And at the end of the day there is still a massive black market, and people will be getting the mydex analyzer to test cannabis from unknown sources.

Last edited by blacknblue06STI; 02-24-17 at 04:07 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-23-17, 08:21 AM   #9
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

I would say most people who would have the money to spend $12 a pop testing their weed probably have enough money to buy high end weed instead of sketchy shit laced with other drugs, but maybe the reality of the situation is different.

However, I will agree that I do not trust any tests or readings with such a conflict of interest as a service provider testing their own product. It's sort of like Verizon telling me they have the fastest, most reliable, widest cell coverage. It may or may not be true, but I sure as hell won't believe it's true just because Verizon provides me some graphs or tables.

I still wouldn't call this thing a no brainer.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-27-17, 05:45 PM   #10
blacknblue06STI
Gold Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm sure this tester is going to be very popular over the next year since it is coming out at a time when over half the states have legalized cannabis on one form or another and pipeline construction going through multiple states is going to warrant the general public being able to test their own tap water for pollution. Flint michigan is a perfect example, the dakota access pipeline crossing waterways, etc etc....it will come down in price once the public and possibly city and state municipalities start purchasing them in large numbers.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0