IW STi Forum banner

The 2008 STi Wheel Fitment Thread

2M views 5K replies 907 participants last post by  Scargo 
#1 · (Edited)
This seems to be a popular thing to do on other forums I've been on, so I wanted to start one here. Since there is a 17 inch thread, I want to keep this to 18 inch and higer (maybe Mods will merge threads into sticky).

So as we all know Subaru (as a lot of other japanese car makers are doing) went with a very high offset even though the wheel is fairly wide for standard eqiupment. My peronsal interests were in Advan wheels. I called up World One Performance and had a talk about fitment. Their recommendations were to watch tire sizes. So I just orderd up a set of Advan RS in gold. Size 18x9 +45 offset. I'm going to put the stock tires on them for this summer (my stock BBS will be my winter wheels). When the stockers run their course, I'll prob go to a 255/40 or 255/35 tire. Looking at a 3 month wait for the wheels, so I should have them on in May sometime.

If people can post their wheel selections and fitment when they buy, we could prob get a good list going.

EDIT: I'm going to monitor this thread and keep a list here in the first post in the format RallySport gave. Good idea!

Make: Advan
Model: RS
Size: 18x9 +45 5x114.3
Tire: Stock
Notes: Anticipated no issue fitment

Make: Prodrive
Mode: GC-05F
Size: 18x9.5 +44 5x114.3
Tire: Stock Dunlop
Notes: Fit with out any Problems.

Make: Enkei
Mode: NTO3+M
Size:18x9.5 +40 5x114.3 (with 9mm spacer)
Tire: Hooiser A3S05 275/35/18
Notes: With some coilovers and camber they should fit with out much effort.

Make: Enkei
Model: NT03+m
Size: 18x9.5 +40, with a 10MM spacer in front
Tire: Hoosier R6 255/40/18
Notes: Maxed out front camber with a after market camber bolt. Front tires are 100% flush. Rears stick out about 1/8"

Make: Volk
Model: CE28
Size: 18x8.5 +47
Tire: 245/40/18
Notes: fit fine, but the spoke to caliper clearance is pretty tight, just as it was on the '07

Make: JIC
Model: Unknown
Size: 18x9.5 wheels, 45 offset
Tires: 275/35R18 KDWs.
Notes: the car is lowered with the new H&R springs.

Works great, no rubbing in the front at all. Rear fenders need a slight roll where the biggest part of the lip is

See less See more
#415 ·
so I'm pretty much set on the advan RS gunmetal, and I'm ready to order now

I have the BC racing BR coil-overs, and the agency power rear adjustable control arms

anyone can show the difference in the rim face between the +35 and the +29

how about the advan RZ, i heard that the +35 is concaved more than the +35 RS, is this true

the car is my dd, and it's gonna see some occasional track days, i wanna get the best fitment to go with both

i don't mind rolling the fenders, and i know i'll prolly have to do it with the fitments i'm looking at

how about tires?

any help would be appreciated

-AJ

#416 ·
it depends what you're more concerned with. Ultimate performance or styling.

a 18x9 +45mm with a 265 will out perform an 18x9 +29mm with a 245.

the 9" +35mm and +45mm RZ's have a "GTR" face and are more concave then the same size RS's which do not have the "GTR" face.

to get the "GTR" face on the RS you need the 18x9 +29mm as seen here Want to be Aggressive? Are you willing to do what it takes? t3h_Clap’s Wheel33tist Blog

there are a few threads here in the GR wheel forum about the RZs to get an idea on their faces.

#417 ·
it depends what you're more concerned with. Ultimate performance or styling.

a 18x9 +45mm with a 265 will out perform an 18x9 +29mm with a 245.

the 9" +35mm and +45mm RZ's have a "GTR" face and are more concave then the same size RS's which do not have the "GTR" face.

to get the "GTR" face on the RS you need the 18x9 +29mm as seen here Want to be Aggressive? Are you willing to do what it takes? t3h_Clap’s Wheel33tist Blog

there are a few threads here in the GR wheel forum about the RZs to get an idea on their faces.
T3h_Clap,

Any idea if the Enkei GTC01 at 18x9 ET 40 will work well with stock tires without any issues? Just looking for daily driver wheels.

#418 ·
they should clear the brakes no problem, with the stock tires and a +40mm offset you're getting close to the fender.

if anything you'd only need to do a slight roll, although the stock tires are pretty skinny.

I can't give you a 100% yeah, no issues answer as that size is getting close to the stock fender lip.

if you're trying to avoid rolling the fenders you want to stay closer to +45mm.

#420 ·
they should clear the brakes no problem, with the stock tires and a +40mm offset you're getting close to the fender.

if anything you'd only need to do a slight roll, although the stock tires are pretty skinny.

I can't give you a 100% yeah, no issues answer as that size is getting close to the stock fender lip.

if you're trying to avoid rolling the fenders you want to stay closer to +45mm.
The only reason I was looking at the GTC01's is that Belle Tire scratched all my wheels and said I could look at some they sell as a replacement. It's the only one they have that I kinda like. Can you recommend any other Enkei's that you know of that would fit better?

Thanks,

#435 ·
you really need coilovers, fender rolled and camber to get that too work.

a 9" +45mm only needs rolled fenders to work with that tire.

#421 ·
Hi,

I want to put Rota P45R 18x9.5 on the 08 STi. +48 is the highest offset it offers, besides +35 +30 +25 +20. However I am thinking that +48 will not give a concave look as strong as the (bottom pic), so +35 is what I have in mind.

Does anyone have any experience with these?? I had to change pants after I saw the evoX who did that set up:

Thanks for input!

#423 ·
I am on teh stockers (rubber and suspension.)

I couldn't tell why was't I all crazy about the 18 spoke stock gold BBS until I saw this setup. Yes, I like wider spokes, and less of them :p

I am all over this set. +35 might need some fender work... so I'd have to check with my local wheel shop to see if they do this kinda stuff.

But this is on the top of the list!!!!!!

#434 ·
Nope don't clear by a long shot, I tested a set myself.

The 38+ dont clear... hmm thought they do

What about the 18x8.5 35mm clearing the brakes?

Ivv seen these on a 2007 and down and sine i have a 08 i shouldent have issues with clearence... Correct? Im just not sure.

Thanks
18x9.5 +38mm RPF1s do not clear the brakes. There is an 18x8 +35mm that clears but the offset is rather low for an 08.

try looking into a 9.5" +45mm setup, there are alot out there.

#438 ·
for autox you really should step up to a 9.5" wheel.

brand snobs never run Rotas....(Unless they were free).

#443 ·
go for a 9.5" :D

are there any 18x9 SSRs left?

#446 ·
#450 ·
strange, a company selling affordable wheels that aren't direct knock offs?!!?! no wai!

:lol:
so true :lol:

ASA is another one that is somewhat original.

Unfortunately, TR told me they look like they will only be available up to an 18x9, and there's never been much love for subies coming from OZ. Too bad, they are lighter and better looking than rpf1's.
there are a lot of 18x9.5's from TR in 5x114.3. Problem is that the offsets are too low to be optimal (which doesn't seem to be an issue for many people here). TR is WAY conservative on fitment, so, if you have rolled and pulled your fenders, you can run the stuff they sell...you just can't order it online by putting in an '08 STI.

example - I ordered some 20x8.5 BBS RS-GT's from TR for my FX35....they weren't listed as an approved app...I asked about them (they were listed for other cars).

Wow... quit posting these pics of SSR Type-F's... I'm so jealous :p I kid, now go mount some tires and get them on!
It's going to be a few months.....no point buying sticky summer rubber until winter is over. :(

So where's the low pricing offered from? Tirerack?
TR has some deals on SSR comps in 4x100, but not the ones for the STI. Any SSR dealer can order them for you at the 50% off, though the stock is pretty much sold through for wheels on special.

#447 ·
There are a bunch of us on here running those MT1 wheels, including myself. Just do a search for 3-4 more. I'm pretty happy with them for DD rims. My track wheels are RC-T4's, which are also available in an 18x9.5, but are more expensive.

All the sizes aren't announced yet, but hopefully the new OZ Alleggerita's will be available in a subaru-friendly size:

OZ - Italian Wheels maker since 1971 - Alleggerita HLT

Unfortunately, TR told me they look like they will only be available up to an 18x9, and there's never been much love for subies coming from OZ. Too bad, they are lighter and better looking than rpf1's.

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.