IW STi Forum banner

What is this and is it normal?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  carmudgeon 
#1 ·

I can see 1 Whiteline bushing (I think? It's yellow and it's a bushing) and 1 black bushing. What is it and why do I only have one of them?

The picture was taken under the center of the car looking back at the exhaust.

See less See more
#2 ·
The black one is a stock hydraulic bushing. Instead of solid rubber its filled with silicone to absorb vibrations. The Yellow Whiteline just has the fingers that fits into the voids in the stock bushing.

You can order Whiteline KDT905 that replaces both with solid bushings. Which is what I had to do since mine is leaking.

#3 ·
Appears someone only installed one of what should be two Whiteline differential bushings. One is OEM (black) and the other is Whiteline (yellow). Any clunking issues?

#12 ·
Just got back from a test drive, huge difference. Bear in mind that's due to the fact that both of my bushings were destroyed. For those of you whose bushings are still intact it probably wouldn't make as much of a difference. Definitely recommend it if you have a higher HP engine.

There's a line from an old Drew Carey routine where he describes drive through liquor stores as "almost a good idea". That's kind of how I feel about Whiteline bushing inserts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.