IW STi Forum banner

2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

GR Hatch: 
115K views 965 replies 44 participants last post by  xpystchrisx 
#1 · (Edited)
Current:

Rewind to January 2014:

I received delivery of my first brand new car ever! (It came from Virginia)

I set her up for winter:

And then I had some fun:

March: 2014:

Frosty!!

April: 2014:

Some of my other projects:

On the side I do some of this:

More pictures to come!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: 2014 DGM Sti - I promise I won't mod it ;-)

Power numbers:
E85 - 467WHP/485WTQ
93 - 392WHP/357WTQ​

Current list:
Arrived not installed
Not Arrived(On order)
Sold
Installed

Engine:
  • IAG Stage II tuff shortblock
  • ARP Head studs
  • Killer B - Oil pan/Oil pickup/Baffle
  • IAG Street AOS
  • IAG 3mm phenolic spacers
  • IAG TGV Deletes
  • IAG Air pump block off plates
  • IAG timing belt guide
  • Aeromotive 325LPH
  • AEM 320 direct wired
  • Fluidampr crank pulley
  • Subaru OEM 11MM oil pump
  • Gates timing belt kit w/o water pump

Fueling:
  • Cobb Flex fuel kit w/ fuel pressure
  • AEM 320 Pump w/ DW hard wire kit
  • ID1300 CC injectors
  • IAG Fuel rails w/ Dampers
  • Older style FPR (2007), and custom lines with damper on the return
  • IAG Fuel line kit

Turbo/Intercooling/Misc:
  • Dom 2.5 XTR 10cm^2 2.4" inlet
  • Torque Solutions TMIC
  • Custom 3.5" intake into AMR hard inlet
  • Tial QR (not recirculating right now)

EMS:
  • COBB Accessport
  • Speed density tuned with FlexConverter.com IAT harness
  • GM IAT sensor mounted on TMIC
  • Omni 4Bar MAP sensor
  • HOA 3-Port EBCS

Exhaust:
  • Killer B Holy Header(IWG)
  • SPT exhaust
  • COBB 3" catted downpipe
  • PTP Lava turbo blanket

Driveline:
  • ACT XT-SS clutch
  • Kartboy SS
  • Beatrush Transmission Mount
  • GoodRidge SS Clutchline

Exterior:
  • OEM S205 black fender ornaments
  • OEM window ventshades
  • Grimmspeed plate relocation kit

Suspension/Bracing:

Brakes:
  • Stainless steel lines F/R

Interior:
  • Kartboy Delrin Shift knob
  • Anarchy Motive Goliath (Black textured)
  • Anarchy Motive Atlas (Black textured)

Misc:

#7 ·

This happened this morning:

And this happened yesterday:

I'm not even sure what to make of it... was going to reflash yesterday but decided to wait it out till this AM and see what happened on the way into work. Luckily I got a log of the fine knock last night, but not the feedback this AM.

#8 ·

Ordered this:

I think I've run the course of my supposed bad tank of gas, hopefully things normalize for me and I can start driving the car like a normal person again.

If not, and the engine lets go - I'm torn between IAG and OutFrontMotorsports.

Fingers crossed my engine doesn't let go. :-(

#13 ·

How do you like it? Any noticeable differences while driving with it now?
Not a huge difference, but I did it early on to try and prevent myself from having spot weld issues at the firewall. I also recently braced the brake master, I don't notice a huge difference there either, but again more for peace of mind.

I did visually notice flex in the firewall, especially at the brake master! So that's what prompted me to jump on the Grimmspeed brace.

#19 ·

It's better than nothing but the GS AOS isn't an end all solution.

Where about in Chicagoland are you? Suburbs?
Yeah, I actually panicked hard core because I was getting some excessive blow by from the oil fill, but then realized I had no pressure at the crankcase. :lol: It was a panicked impulse buy. :crying:

I'm Northern burbs by Great America. You? <-- EDIT: Nevermind LOL I see Naperville now. I only started reading a few months ago. :rofl:

#21 ·

I'm about to pay off a significant amount of debt. Ohhhhhh. Still have some things I need to install, just been busy.

-New SS clutch line
-Beatrush transmount
-Whiteline posi shift bushings

Still waitin' on COBB flexfew-el.

#22 ·

I'm about to pay off a significant amount of debt. Ohhhhhh. Still have some things I need to install, just been busy.

-New SS clutch line
-Beatrush transmount
-Whiteline posi shift bushings

Still waitin' on COBB flexfew-el.
Let me know what you think of the beatrush trans mount, I'm in the market for one. I have the beatrush pitchstop mount. It's very solid and a great piece just lots of nvh even with a straight pipe. Haven't really seen a good review on one.

#23 ·

I'll let you know for sure! I just installed my JDM double DIN AV plate the other day. Just been super swamped and now it's supposed to snow :O

I'm debating going EWG and getting a Grimmspeed Up pipe to compliment the flex fuel stuff.

I need another job. lol

#28 · (Edited)

Not 100% sure, but it sounded like rocks in a can. I'm guessing it's possible that either the oil pick up tube broke completely (or partially), or ring lands. LOTS AND LOTS of knock, which wasn't audible at speed, but when I pulled over to the shoulder it was like - Oh. Yeah. So something was moving around in there. Funny thing is, I had no unusual knock until it, just broke.

Got towed to the dealer for now, so we'll see if they warranty it. I always knew this would happen, and it's certainly not my first blown motor (I think this is number 6 or 7 in the line of engines I've ever had in various cars lol), but damn the timing is poor.

Full report as soon as I can.

I guess if they won't warranty it for whatever reason, I'm at 45K, in just shy of 2 years, I will look at IAG or Out Front Motorsports.

Looking back, I kinda felt this was coming - idle has been a little more choppy/rough than it usually is, and power seemed to maybe be a little down, I assumed I was just used to what it had. I do a lot of daily driving so I don't beat the crap out of it a lot, so it was curious that the power felt down.

#30 · (Edited)
Re: 2014 DGM Sti - Rocks in a can. :(

Sounds like a rod bearing to me. Good luck with the repair. Hopefully Subaru takes care of you. Happened to me about 4,000 miles ago. It's an oiling issue and, sadly, NOT uncommon. As long as you've done your oil changes at the proper intervals you should be ok. You did say you were getting excessive blowby though. Were you checking your oil about every week or so to make sure you weren't low?

#31 ·
Re: 2014 DGM Sti - Rocks in a can. :(

Sounds like a rod bearing to me. Good luck with the repair. Hopefully Subaru takes care of you. Happened to me about 4,000 miles ago. It's an oiling issue and, sadly, NOT uncommon. As long as you've done your oil changes at the proper intervals you should be ok. You did say you were getting excessive blowby though. Were you checking your oil about every week or so to make sure you weren't low?

Ya know it's weird, the blow by wasn't excessive, I had thought it was at one point until I checked my buddies car. I thought it was, because when I popped the oil cap off while running, there was positive force, but that would make sense coming from the head. (Which I wasn't thinking about at the time, when I had that bad tank of gas). I had no smoke out the oil fill, or the dipstick tube either.

I actually wasn't using much, if any, oil between changes which I thought was kind of weird too. The GS AOS never even got installed for that reason, at this point I may even try and just sell it.

But yeah, just did the oil change a few days ago, oil level was good. If it is indeed a bearing, although I've never had a spun bearing sound so horrendous, I would bet the oil pick up tube is jacked. Sucks that I'll have to wait till next week to probably hear anything. Funny how the timing on this stuff is always bad haha :rofl: :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.