GR Sedan: Brandon's 2012 ISM STI Build - Page 52 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Brandon's 2012 ISM STI Build
Brandon's 2012 ISM STI Build
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Brandon's 2012 ISM STI Build

Old 04-11-17, 06:53 PM   #511
Evans609
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Evans609 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brandon's 2012 ISM STI Build

Trunk is painted looks awesome! Last step is to wet sand it and she is all ready to go back on
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-17, 01:59 PM   #512
Evans609

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Alright update time got a decent one here today.

First up we got the trunk all finished

and then got it mounted back up and all hooked up. Sorry for pics didn't have much room and I forgot my keys so I couldn't take it out hah

So clean and came out better then I hoped
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-27-17, 02:07 PM   #513
Evans609

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Next was I got all my parts in so below is the unwrapping and some pics of the products.
Box it came in which was packaged very well. Big thanks you to Fraal Performance for all this stuff

First up the Manley Pistons

Manley Rods

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-17, 02:11 PM   #514
Evans609

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ARP head studs

King Racing Bearings

Killer B oil pickup

and Freedom Rally Shop made me a set of Air Pump delete plates

With an OEM gasket kit

all the parts
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-08-17, 04:20 PM   #515
Evans609

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Well a little update. Got the car out last week. First thing that I knew would happen was the battery was dead. This happened by me when I put the car away I forgot to unplug the terminals right away. But in saying that it was only for a couple weeks. If the battery wasn't shit it would work after just 2 weeks.
Regardless I jumped the car when I took it out of storage. I went out for supper with my girlfriend and came out to find it had died again. Got another jump from a kind Subaru owner who had parked next to me. Then I drove down the road and was turning around in a parking lot, stalled out... (I know) and she wouldn't start.
So got another jump, then headed to a local Canadian Tire and picked up a 540watt battery, and it worked perfectly and even has warranty.
So the next I took some pics of the spoilerless look which I like more then I thought I would hah

So I don't know if I mentioned but I feel I did. Before I put my car away I was only hitting like 14-16 PSi boost. Ever since I've taken it out I get my 26-27.5psi again... weird. Im not entirely sure. At first I thought where the battery had be disconnected and reset the ecm that it wasn't picking up the boost leak right away or what I was assuming was a boost leak. But after over a week of driving its still ok? Well minus the burning oil and rotten egg smell haha but anyways my next thought was maybe where I ran out of meth during a pull and a failsafe is to cut the boost and maybe that fail safe stays like that until its reset? Not quite sure.
Now next to my tragedy. Late last night my girlfriend and I are driving around looking for some nice spots for night time pictures. Found an old train station and got some pics. Then we went to downtown which is a very old place where im from so lots of cool old buildings. So while im scouting around for buildings I like I finally see one and slow down, and pull in. Im saying the building is nice and will be perfect for pictures. Just got the words out of my mouth and curbed the car....

I was beyond pissed. Anyways today I've looked at my options.
1. I can get a new lip made from Japan which is 500CAD plus shipping.
2. I can sand down the rash and get them re-anodized.
So I believe I will go with option 2. Friend of mine has the machine to do it. So I might sand it down and send it to him for refinishing.
For now my plan is to get some bronze or copper with black paint and mix it until I get the color similar to my wheels and get a little foam brush and dab the rash to fill it in. Wont be perfect but it will do I guess :\
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-17, 11:22 AM   #516
Evans609

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Another little update for you guys or me lol
So had a bit of time so fixed a couple issues.
First was my Driver side low beam kept blowing fuses on me. So I assumed it was the ballast finally crapped out after 5 years which I think was pretty good for cheaper ballast. Anyways changed those out.
Here the fuse here

First step was disconnect the battery and remove it from the engine bay for more room. You can see the ballast over in the fender. This was after I cut the tie wrap.

Disconnected the connections

The old ballast. Casing is made of plastic.. garbage

The new ballast. Way better quality. Braided connections and metal case.

Connections

and then tie wrapped the ballasts together and then tie wrapped to the fender so no movement.

Next was I took the flares off and reshaped them back to as normal as I could get it. Got them to sit on the fenders a lot better but when I lowered the car I buckled them out a bit more. So I had to adjust the air in the bags. Hoping that we have enough adjustment on the struts to be able to air out completely but I highly doubt it. Tires are too wide and pushes the flares up
Also the spoiler is finally in its last stages. Still waiting for brackets to come back from powder coating im told but this was the spoiler while waiting to be cured.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-14-17, 02:33 AM   #517
Evans609

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Little update:
So first I was prepping for the car show, things I had to do was reform the flares, fix my shift knob, clean/wax car and fix the a pillar gauge pods.
So first was the pillar,
So first was to use a flat top and pop out the ABS cap, and then unscrew the Phillips bolt

You can see how bubbly it had gotten

Next was to sand it down and clean it off

Then start the paint. Couldn't find the right texture paint so its just plain black bit better then bubbles I guess

and dried

Didn't get a picture of the knob after lol soon tho. Figured out my passanger side front needs to be reformed by hauling it down and out cause it don't fit over the lip of the tire, rather it squats up. So that was fixed a little but needs be better done.
Also have condensation in the passenger side headlight. So going to put some silica packs in there to soak it up and then reseal them.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-14-17, 02:34 AM   #518
Evans609

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Next was car show entry all tucked away

and then had a couple beer with some contestants afterwards

Didn't win anything but I didn't really expect too cause its mostly old cars and and older community.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement