Exterior/Appearance/Style changes:
18x8.5 TSW Nurburgrings
red taillight vinyl covers
debadged front and rear
replica v-limited lip
nokya yellow fog lights (one removed)
Plastidipped side badges
Anarchy Motive Shift Knob
Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS Head Unit with Axxess and a backup camera.
Bike rack!
A shit ton of dents, paint chips, poorly rolled rear fenders, and dirt.
longer studs, lug nuts
R205 badges
Prova SI-Drive Cover
Hella Sharptones with subimods harness

Purchased but not installed:
Mud Flaps
BPV

Attachments

See less See more
#128 ·
Re: The Black Swan

So I have been terrible about updating this I know. What has gone down since last post:

When tuning, shop found compressor blades were rubbing on housing. Boo. So my $600 turbo needed an $800 rebuild. Sucked. But everything is mostly now working. Made 402wtq and 350sih hp (shop said they had to pull timing up top due to what they suspected was bad gas).

They did do a meh job of re-routing the extra long fuel line, which I might have to fix.

Up next:
1. The beatrush pitch stop sitting in the garage
2. SS brake lines (also sitting in garage)
3. DEI on the intercooler.
4. Diff bushing inserts
5. The big thing: thinking an ALK and front inner LCA bushing as well.
6. Possibly a master cylinder brace.

#134 ·
Re: The Black Swan (Now with a built block and a Dom 1!)

Diff bushings installed! God those bolts on the crossmember were tough. We rounded one getting it off and possibly overtorqued its (hardware store) replacement putting it on. I'll get the real castle nut soon enough.

Finally bought a nicer phone mount for the AP. Might route the cable through the steering column too.

I was thinking ALK, but everyone seems to think that picking up 2011+ control arms is a better idea. So might get to work on that.

#135 ·

Welp, car was totally dead this morning. So bought a duralast gold at autozone. And routed my accessport cable through the steering column.

Also went to a great Porsche exhibition in Raleigh, pics coming soon!

#136 ·

So it snowed in Charlotte today. So I took her to an empty parking lot (or two), as she'd never seen snow before, and I've never really driven on it. Both entertaining and educational, especially on Star Specs.

#138 ·

Well, track day is in 1 week, which will probably be the death of said star specs. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get the Raijins I said I'd get once my tires went, so the question now is what tires to put on them. 265 or 275? And so many different tires to choose from!

#140 ·

*peeks out from hiding*

So, how'd Barber work out for you...?
You know the answer to that question.

For the 3 other people that read this:
Took her to Barber for a track day. She was working well, though the tires were trashed, until on the second to last session of the day I suddenly and completely lost all of my brakes. And they weren't coming back.

Then, trying to get the wheels off with SubieEngineer to bleed the brakes I broke one lug and managed to strip the other without the lug nut coming off. So instead of coming home as planned spent an extra night in Birmingham and took her to a tire shop the next morning for 2 new lugs and a bleed. But brakes don’t feel quite where they were and there was some fluid in the engine bay, so I’m gonna have the dealer or someone look at it. And probably pay a shop to do the blasted SS lines since I can’t get those brass nuts to move to save my life.

But yeah, don’t use the stock fluid at the track.

#141 ·

:lol:

I'm hoping there's no leak or anything anywhere and it's all air in the lines. How'd the shop bleed the brakes? You could also take this time to install ARP wheel studs if you were so inclined.

When you get the SS lines, I'd suggest Valvoline Synpower fluid as a minimum. I use Motul RBF600. It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than RBF660 and others and is good piece of mind.

#142 ·

:lol:

I'm hoping there's no leak or anything anywhere and it's all air in the lines. How'd the shop bleed the brakes? You could also take this time to install ARP wheel studs if you were so inclined.

When you get the SS lines, I'd suggest Valvoline Synpower fluid as a minimum. I use Motul RBF600. It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than RBF660 and others and is good piece of mind.
I have some Type 200 sitting in my garage.

#145 ·

Welp, I'm now off break-in oil. And on to Rotella T6.

Also bought a Moroso catch can setup on impulse yesterday.

Up next handling:
Wheels and tires (likely gonna move to dedicated street and track sets)
GTworx Struts with comc hats
superpro ALK
superpro front inner LCA bushing

Lots of fun times ahead! Would love to have all/most done by tail of the dragon.

#148 ·

Changed my cabin filter today. Probably should have done it waaaayyy sooner.

Tomorrow, she goes up on stands to have a LOT of work done. Gonna try and get as much done during the week after work as possible.

#151 ·
#157 ·

Tomorrow: Track wheels and tires go to get mounted, and car goes to get SS lines installed (I have given up on doing it myself). Hopefully all done tomorrow so I can get my fenders rolled tomorrow night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.