GR Hatch: STUSSY's 2011 Subaru STI 5 doors (pearl white) part 1 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Go Back   STI Forums > GR Series STi Discussion (2008+) > GR-Members' Journals > GR Hatch: STUSSY's 2011 Subaru STI 5 doors (pearl white) part 1
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 09-29-10, 07:33 PM   #1
Active Participant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: White 2011 WRX STI
Fav Mod: Invidia Q300 exhaust titanium tips, Invidia catted downpipe, Cobb accessport, 5Zigen racing lug nuts
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Stussy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STUSSY's 2011 Subaru STI 5 doors (pearl white) part 1

Hi guys, I am so happy that I have picked up my 2011 STI hatch, finally i am officially a "real" member of Subaru, I started this whole thing back in June 26 2010, it took 3 months to get my car, but it is really worth to wait,

so it all begins in 2004, my first car was 1993 Honda Civic SIR hatchback, i loved this car, that was my first car, and i had spent so much money on it( i was at age 20), but maybe too much "attention" that caught others eyes, my car was stolen, so in 2004 after i went to a car show in Bayside Expo Center @Boston,MA. first car that caught my eyes was Nissan 350Z, so i went to the dealer and picked up 2003 Nissan 350Z Track( i was at age 21),

this car was so fast, for a young kid like me, that was the best toy ever, i had this car for about 6 years, but you know rear wheel drive car is not suitable for new england area, i had a big scratch from the fender to the door lock on my passenger side, after that, i had been thinking about trading this car, dont get me wrong, this car is the best car that i have ever had, but i had kept going back and forth to the subaru dealer in between winters, from 06 STI model to 08,

finally i had made up my mind that i needed other visit to the subaru dealer, because the 08 model came out for a few month and that was the dream car of mine, after talking with the dealer, there were only 6 08 STI left in the entire new england area, 2 of them were reserved, the rest of the 4 didnt have the color that i wanted, my co worker went to the dealer with me, and he was looking for STI as well, he said he didnt care about the color, so he picked up 2009 STI 5 doors blue, but i didnt get anything,

in the beginning of August of 2009, my friend told me that 09 VW GTI was in a promotion, because 2010 GTI VI just came out, i went to the dealer and finally made a deal, picked up 2009 VW GTI V DSG, also this car wasnt the car that i always wanted, but i do really need a car to pass this winter
i had this vanity plate [MYGTI5] which My GTI V, fifth generation

but this car didnt last long,

June 26 2010, i went to the same subaru dealership (Metrowest Subaru @Natick), talked to the same salesman that i have talked to a year ago, he told me it would be a good idea that reserve your 2011 STI, so i told him what i was looking for, put down the deposit, and he said he would bring me the good news,

after i made the deposit, i started to go to RMV to get my new vanity plate, [STUSSY], it took about 1 month to get the new plate, but this plate was meant for my GTI, lol

September 15 2010, dealer sent me an email saying that my car has been finally arrived, so i took off from work early and went to check on my car, a beautiful 2011 STI was sitting at the lot

i went for a test drive and did the paper work before the RMV closed, i thought i could pick up the car, but i wanted to install vehicle GPS tracking system, but the kid only work on mon, wed, and fri, so i let the car at the dealer till Friday,

these are the last pics for my old car and new car
September 17 2010, everything installed, all the paper works were done, got the keys from the dealer and fired up this bad baby!!!

that day i was the happiest man in the world, finally waited 4 years for it, and i got it

the rest of the story to be continued...

Stussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 07:56 PM   #2
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: black 07 WRX STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

malibusteve70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STUSSY's 2011 Subaru STI 5 doors (pearl white) part 1

Welcome to the forum!! Nice choice!!! Wanna sell your wheels?
malibusteve70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 05:21 AM   #3
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: 2014 WRX Premium SWP
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

icedcoco is an unknown quantity at this point

nice background story. beautiful color. in for progress...
Old 10-05-10, 01:16 PM   #4
Active Participant

Fav Mod: Invidia Q300 exhaust titanium tips, Invidia catted downpipe, Cobb accessport, 5Zigen racing lug nuts
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Hey guys, here i am again, it has been a week since i have joined big subaru family, i am so happy, but here are the rest of my story, hope you guys will like it,

so 9/17/2010 i finally picked up the car from Metrowest Subaru @Natick, Mass, it was a nice long ride to home, so i rolled down the window and enjoy the nice car in a warm sunny weather, the ride took about 30 minutes on local, but i could see some of other drivers were checking out of my car, i know this car can drag a lot of attention from others, i am so proud to be one of the subaru owner, specially STI's,

home sweet home!!! finally parked the car in the driveway, what next for this car? how about a little photo shooting,

about a month ago, my buddy told me a subaru meeting in october, so i noticed that i could pick up my STI before that, but i dont want to bring the stock STI there, my buddy gave me a few websites for the after market parts, after a few days of discussion, i came out with a huge order, i ordered
: Invidia Q300 Exhaust System - Titanium Tips

Invidia Catted Downpipe

Cobb Accessport for 2011

Rally Armor Subaru STi Version 2 UR Series Red Polyurethane Mud Flaps White Logo

5Zigen Pro Racer Long Type Lug Nuts 1.25 Red

9/17/2010 picked up the car, 9/18/2010 would be the big day for my baby to get dressed!

to be continued.....

Last edited by Stussy; 10-05-10 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-05-10, 01:17 PM   #5
Active Participant

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

how are you guys doing? here we come for the part 3, but before i write down this part, i want to thank all those cool guys that gave me love, thank yall,
so back to the story,

on last post, i mentioned that i have ordered the parts for my car, the funny thing was, i only have 1 day of the stock car, but the next day(which the day that i picked up the car from dealer, with 37 miles on the odometer on my STI), my friend hhn967(his IWSTI's id),he is a true friend of mine, also my colleague at work, he has 2009 blue STI which the same guy that i have mentioned before,
we spent more than a half day to get all the parts done,

9/18/2010 the day that after i picked the car from dealer, 37 miles on the odometer, a beautiful sunny day, that was a nice day to do some outdoor activities, but i chose work on my car with my friend hhn967, around 10:30am, i heard deep loud exhaust noise around the corner of my house, that really saved up a trip to my front door to ring the door bell, because i know that was him at the corner, so i set up our work station, moved out all the parts to my drive way, after he got out the car, and pulled out all the tools that we need, he set up the car ramp to install the down pipe,

it was the first time for him to do the down pipe, so that kind of took us a long time to remove the intercooler, but thank god that i am a tall guy, there were a few bolts that behide the heat shiled, after unbolted them, i had a lot of cuts on my arm,

half hour later, intercooler finally off from the turbo(we are rookie on DIY), thank god!!

next step, he gotta get dirty, lol, dont think the wrong way, he was working underneath the car, he disconnected the stock down pipe and exhaust, slowly remove the stock down pipe, i was on the side unboxed the down pipe, after he took out the stock one, i realized that stock down pipe is a bit heavier than the Invidia one's

after down pipe installed, we moved on to exhaust

he said we have done the most difficult part of today, whatever we got left only piece of cake, because he had done the Invidia Q300 on his, so it only took less than an hour from this

to this

other shot of the titanium tips

took us a few hours for us to get the whole pipping done!! when i looked at the time, it was way past the lunch time, but guess what? real STI lovers dont take lunch!!! lol just kidding, but we did skip lunch to finishing this project,

next step, Rally armor mud flaps

guess which one is me from the picture?
the answer is: the one who next to the car, lol my boy was a hard worker and never complain if he got dirt of him,
took us for a while to install the next one, cause one mud flaps that he installed on his, are different version from mine,

finally sun was going down quick but we were still working on it, but thank god that we have got everything done before sunset, after everything installed, i officially turn on my engine, whoa!!!! it sounded really deep and loud as his STI, but it was really clear on the rumbling, i was so happy, i have to give a big pros to my buddy hhn967, he really helped me out a lot, without all his help, i think i would still reading the instruction from the exhaust manual,

it was a good day to spent outdoor, nice weather, but bad thing was i didnt take a spin after installation, cause had to deal with some business afterward, but i still have a bit of story for the coming monday(which was 9/20/2010), wanna know what was going down? please wait for part 4

to be continued...
Old 10-05-10, 02:49 PM   #6
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE | ARC Knob | Red Reverse/Signal Cutout Tails
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JoeyM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JoeyM3

stage 2 right off the lot, time to save for a protune! can't wait to see what else you have planned for the car

JoeyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 04:35 PM   #7
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Fav Mod: 27MPG all day long / 32MPG+ Highway
My Subaru Parts for sale

GunKata is on a distinguished road

love the new body style and rims, very nice

Did you ever just try snow tires on the GTI?
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 05:06 PM   #8
Account Closed For Now
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Invidia V3 Downpipe, Invidia N1 Street Exhaust.
My Subaru Parts for sale

CRZTRBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to CRZTRBO

Looks awesome!
CRZTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 06:05 PM   #9
Becoming An Advanced Contributor

Car: 08 STi AW/11 LGT CBS
Fav Mod: Rally Armor
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

White Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to White Knight Send a message via MSN to White Knight

Nice work look great I'm liking the new front bumper too.
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 09:05 AM   #10
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2011 STi WRB GRB
Fav Mod: Group N
My Subaru Parts for sale

bzbuzz is on a distinguished road

nice pictures~

lol no break in?

how's the hks sound?