IW STi Forum banner

New 2011 11" Trunk Mounted Subwoofer

180K views 417 replies 73 participants last post by  bshmail24 
#1 ·
Here's what it looks like. No info on specs/power though. I'll probably be looking into it myself.

#8 ·
totally agree on that part, though you know u can turn it up on the woofer its self right? When i first got mine i had the navi set to 10 for the subwoofer and NOTHING. then doing a little search i saw theres two adjustments you can make to turn it much higher and now it sounds awesome!

#16 · (Edited)
I think the underseat sub is optional..Imm hafta go take a look now!. I know that when I enable or disable the sub in the HU settings , it didnt make a whole bunch of difference.

FWIW I was quoted $1500+ for a JBL 4x100 amp to boost power to the stock speakers, then a 600/1 amp to power a 12' in an enclosure that would sit flush against the rear seats in the trunk.

...this would be step one... then later on I could add better quality door speakers. Seems a little pricey.

#19 ·
Subaru had this brilliant idea to include the media hub (usb) on all non-nav cars than then REMOVE it if you added navigation, forcing you to then also buy the media hub to get it back, when the base cars get it included.

You could have gotten that usb hookup if you paid the 2-300 bucks extra to add back the media hub....but who would have thought to do that if you didn't specifically look at the fine print?

Brilliant, Subaru....Brilliant.

#22 ·
Can somebody put that picture into perspective for me? Where exactly is that sub mounted? I'm getting a 5-door, and it looks like it's mounted to the back of the rear seat. Are you still able to fold the seat flat with the sub there? How does that work with the seat folded down?

Agh. I'm getting a 5-door because I need the space. It's not going to help me if there's a subwoofer taking up space in the middle of the rear cargo area when the seats are folded down.

#23 ·
Can somebody put that picture into perspective for me? Where exactly is that sub mounted? I'm getting a 5-door, and it looks like it's mounted to the back of the rear seat. Are you still able to fold the seat flat with the sub there? How does that work with the seat folded down?

Agh. I'm getting a 5-door because I need the space. It's not going to help me if there's a subwoofer taking up space in the middle of the rear cargo area when the seats are folded down.
Yeah it looks like the 5 door option pretty much sucks.

You could order the audio integrations box for the hatch and an aftermarket sub...but it will be about 500 bucks.

#27 ·
Just got off the phone with my local subaru dealer, and I had talked to another one yesterday. This guy today seemed pretty helpful and actually had an accessories listing that showed the sub so he described it to me.

He said that in the 5-door, this new kicker sub does in fact mount to the floor at the back of the rear seat on the driver's side, so that when you fold down the rear seats it's just sort of free standing there. It's mounted differently in the 4-door, and ironically it's much more out of the way.

I'm not sure if I can get this option now, because if it's just sort of free standing on the floor after you fold the seats down, that basically ruins the amount of cargo space available. I mean I am going to be loading a drum set in there, so I can't have a free standing sub taking up space.

#29 ·
Just got off the phone with my local subaru dealer, and I had talked to another one yesterday. This guy today seemed pretty helpful and actually had an accessories listing that showed the sub so he described it to me.

He said that in the 5-door, this new kicker sub does in fact mount to the floor at the back of the rear seat on the driver's side, so that when you fold down the rear seats it's just sort of free standing there. It's mounted differently in the 4-door, and ironically it's much more out of the way.

I'm not sure if I can get this option now, because if it's just sort of free standing on the floor after you fold the seats down, that basically ruins the amount of cargo space available. I mean I am going to be loading a drum set in there, so I can't have a free standing sub taking up space.
I responded to your other thread on this same question:

Yeah, as my sales guy told me about it as I was putting the order in. However right now I'm trying to find out how it's mounted. If it infringes on the cargo space in the rear, it's not going to do me any good. So far one Subaru service guy has told me it mounts to the side of the rear compartment but I can't see how. The sides of the rear on the 5 door models are just wheel wells. Calling other service depts. now to see if I can get some kind of consensus on this.
10 Inch Powered Subwoofer

New!
Provides powerful deep bass, and also assists in clean sound reproduction from

all vehicle speakers. This is achieved by its integrated 100W amplifier and a passive
crossover network. The self-contained unit mounts in the trunk of 4-door models and
behind the rear seat in 5-door models. Manufactured for Subaru of America by Kicker

®.

H630SFG300 (4-Door w/out NAVI)
H630SFG400 (4-Door w/ NAVI)
H630SFG100 (5-Door w/out NAVI)

H630SFG200 (5-Door w/ NAVI)
Available January 2011

Sedan - Fits to the far left indent.

Hatch - Takes up space in the trunk like a normal sub

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.