The 2013 WRX/STi Order Thread - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Go Back   STI Forums > GR Series STi Discussion (2008+) > GR-General > The 2013 WRX/STi Order Thread
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.
Like Tree737Likes

Old 08-08-12, 06:23 PM   #1
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: SWP '13 STi 4d
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Hollywood* is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The 2013 WRX/STi Order Thread

I know there's one of these for the 2012's but they are now taking orders for the 2013's so I figured it was time to start up a new thread.

Placed my order tonight for a 2013 SWP STi sedan with Navi and they threw in a free short throw shifter. Said it can take anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months. As much as I would not like it to be the latter, that's what I'm figuring it will take.

Anyone else order a '13 yet??

Hollywood* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 08:25 PM   #2

Car: None yet
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

cheynespub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2013 WRX/STi Order Thread

Congrats. What did they tell you it was going to cost? I am looking to pay 2% below dealer invoice for a 13 STI hatch with nav, trunk liner, heated seats, and a moon roof if I am so lucky (wtf do they have moon roofs on the wrx and not the sti hatch?).

They have not even officially released the specifics on the new car. I know that little has changed but still. It would be nice to see the specifics of every small thing.

Cheers. My dealer said that there system was not open yet.
cheynespub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 12:41 AM   #3
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 2012 STI Limited
Fav Mod: Cosmetic shiz....
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

bennyc767 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheynespub View Post
Congrats. What did they tell you it was going to cost? I am looking to pay 2% below dealer invoice for a 13 STI hatch with nav, trunk liner, heated seats, and a moon roof if I am so lucky (wtf do they have moon roofs on the wrx and not the sti hatch?).

They have not even officially released the specifics on the new car. I know that little has changed but still. It would be nice to see the specifics of every small thing.

Cheers. My dealer said that there system was not open yet.
Under the VIP discount? Good luck. I placed my order in April and WRX/STI was available under the VIP program and when I went to pick it up (July) I had to get another VIP authorization and BRZ, WRX, and STI were excluded. Hope whoever does your VIP paperwork (if this is the case) gives you different news.
bennyc767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 02:16 AM   #4

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I actually ended up paying invoice price, but I guess with the free short shifter I ended up paying a little less than invoice lol

As far as specifics, I don't expect much to change and they didn't mention any changes either. But then again, no one knew about the change from the dark headlights to chrome.
Old 08-09-12, 02:23 AM   #5
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 2012 STI Limited
Fav Mod: Cosmetic shiz....
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

bennyc767 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood* View Post
I actually ended up paying invoice price, but I guess with the free short shifter I ended up paying a little less than invoice lol

As far as specifics, I don't expect much to change and they didn't mention any changes either. But then again, no one knew about the change from the dark headlights to chrome.
Welcome to the waiting game, I hope you aren't like me and have your dealer phone number on speed dial

When you think you can't wait any longer, and you're going to go buy the RS4 that shows up locally, have patience. You'll be happy you waited. I was
bennyc767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 05:32 AM   #6
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Turn in Concepts & E85
My Subaru Parts for sale

BJJMark95 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the process of pre-ordering mine. I have gotten multiple different quotes from dealers. I was quoted invoice by one dealer and then another dealer is working on getting me a signed quote for less than invoice. And even ontop of that I have a dealer who said that they will beat ANY price that I get quoted from any other dealer so I think I will be getting it for well under invoice. ALL of the dealers I have been in contact with have said the date has been set for August 16th for when they can order.

I have been in contact with a really strait forward dealer who has told me that for some of the add ons that I want - i.e. the turbo boost gauge and a few other things, will actually take the car much longer to get off the line - even up to 4 months. So just FYI.

I am putting my "pre-order" in because they are going to set it up into the system to order December 1st. I figure if I get my price locked in why not place the order now? I will keep you guys updated with how it works out.
BJJMark95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 06:39 AM   #7
Silver Member

Fav Mod: JDM Dual Console Box
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WillD is an unknown quantity at this point

I stopped by a dealership yesterday and they claimed that they already knew how many '13s they would be getting in their first allotment. I didn't start talking numbers with them just yet because I really want a Lightning Red which is supposedly discontinued.
WillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 10:36 AM   #8

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJMark95 View Post
I have been in contact with a really strait forward dealer who has told me that for some of the add ons that I want - i.e. the turbo boost gauge and a few other things, will actually take the car much longer to get off the line - even up to 4 months. So just FYI.
It was my understanding that some of the add ons, including the boost gauge, are added on once the car gets to the port.
Old 08-09-12, 10:43 AM   #9
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Turn in Concepts & E85
My Subaru Parts for sale

BJJMark95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood* View Post
It was my understanding that some of the add ons, including the boost gauge, are added on once the car gets to the port.
Some are yes but generally the boost gauge I was under the impression was only from the factory but I am not sure. They will be at a greater cost than if ordered from the factory, but tend to be quicker. I will have to wait and see what the guys say at the dealership as to what they will add in house vs. coming from the dealer as it was not directly specified.
BJJMark95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 11:45 AM   #10

Car: 2013 SWP STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

rlsubsti is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told that things such as short shifters and homelink mirrors are put on while the car is in port. I also heard that first shipments of the 2013 sti will be arriving towards the end of august (that is what SOA told me).
HeubergerMotors likes this.
rlsubsti is offline   Reply With Quote