new aftermarket GR tail light option - Page 14 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
new aftermarket GR tail light option
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > new aftermarket GR tail light option
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 02-09-15, 04:11 AM   #131
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix will become famous soon enoughbboytaktix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: new aftermarket GR tail light option

nice! $429 isn't TOO bad, still a bit expensive for me to spend on tail lights. They look good! wish I could see them in person and experience he actual brightness, hard to see from pictures.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-14-15, 10:25 AM   #132
stevenj
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: Invidia HF Cat DP w/ SPT catback
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

stevenj is on a distinguished road

Just installed the smoked ones on my hatchback yesterday. Purchased from fastwrx. Here's a few pics for you guys.

The night pics are tough. So damn bright my camera phone just couldn't handle it no matter what angle I shot from.

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 02-14-15, 11:49 AM   #133
trance34

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

trance34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dig those a lot, but my wife would kill me if I bought 600 dollar taillights for a car that already had taillights.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-14-15, 01:26 PM   #134
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

Or even a car that did have them already haha. Does anyone know if the hatch version is plug and play or just the sedan? I don't understand how the center lights on the hatch get their tail light lead unless it's tapped from somewhere. There's no way in hell I'm paying 600 bucks if it's not fully plug n play. I still wish they'd come up with a "diffuser bar" style ala all the german cars, it's just not different enough to me to warrant it. Maybe if they were actually made from red plastic, but didn't someone say they look like they are tinted or painted in an aftermarket fashion?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-14-15, 04:18 PM   #135
Noximus
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a jewel in the roughNoximus is a jewel in the roughNoximus is a jewel in the roughNoximus is a jewel in the rough

Sedan are plug and play because all functionality is already there.

For hatch , you need to run a constant voltage and a brake voltage to the new inner lights since all that is there now is reverse. The outer lights are plug and play. Everything you need comes in the kit including enough wire and the instructions to do what you need.

Old 02-15-15, 04:52 AM   #136
stevenj

Fav Mod: Invidia HF Cat DP w/ SPT catback
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

stevenj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfnamedsmurf View Post
Or even a car that did have them already haha. Does anyone know if the hatch version is plug and play or just the sedan? I don't understand how the center lights on the hatch get their tail light lead unless it's tapped from somewhere. There's no way in hell I'm paying 600 bucks if it's not fully plug n play. I still wish they'd come up with a "diffuser bar" style ala all the german cars, it's just not different enough to me to warrant it. Maybe if they were actually made from red plastic, but didn't someone say they look like they are tinted or painted in an aftermarket fashion?
I just installed the smoke ones on my hatchback. They do not look "tinted" in the sense that it doesn't look like one of those ugly tint film jobs. It really does look like the lenses were made in that smoked color. And I'm positive the red ones look the same way. There's no way they can look as good as they do in person and be just "painted" or "tint film" or whatever.

As far as the plug and play, Noximus is spot on. It took me all of 45 minutes to install them all. It would have been less if I wasn't stopping to take pictures and drinking beer. But hey, it's Mardi Gras time here in Louisiana, what am I to do?

The outer lights are absolutely plug and play. The inner lights are super simple, really. If you have hands, fingers, a 10mm extended socket and a pair of pliers you can do this project after a 6 pack of beer with ease. It comes with all the wires and the splice connectors that you need. I would just recommend getting t-tap connectors in case you ever need to disconnect them in the future. But the ones they come with work just fine.

So it's nearly all plug and play except for 2 easy wire splices. So simple even a cave man can do it. Or even a Canadian like Noximus.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-19-17, 05:49 PM   #137
1_BAD_STI
Joined the Conversation

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

1_BAD_STI is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi do you have any pictures of how you wired those beautiful tail lights.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0