IW STi Forum banner

Need advice about these Depo headlights

10K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  pyrowipe 
#1 ·
Depo Headlights for GR STI's
Depo 08 11 Subaru Impreza STI Black Clear Corner Headlight Xenon HID WRX Outback | eBay

I got a 2012 model so my headlights are all silver. I've talked to lightwerkz about painting my headlights but it means shipping that to them and me finding some mode of transportation to work while my lights are out.

then i saw these DEPO's but for the life of me i cant find any other info about the GR headlights they offer.

From the look of it, looks like Halogen projectors upgraded with HID's in them. anyone have experience with these, quality, installation ? etc?

#6 ·
Do not buy these headlights. I bought a set of these without the cheap PnP HID kit as I planned to use them for a retrofit. Once I got them open I realized that the TRS retroquick kit wouldn't fit since the projectors were different from the OEM projectors.

I decided to install these on my car while I retrofitted the stock headlights and these were absolutely terrible. The light output was even worse than stock, the projector cutoff was bad and there was a ton of glare above the cutoff. They bolted up to the car fine, but the opening for the H11 wiring to pass through under the headlight was like half the size of the OEM lights, and thus I had to rig up the wiring while I had them on my car temporarily. And these do not have true HID projectors. The HIDs they're offering are just a cheap PnP kit, which given the crappy optics would produce some crazy glare that would surely piss off just about anyone on the roads.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE HEADLIGHTS. Just open and paint your lights yourself. I was afraid to do it at first but it really is super simple.

#7 ·
thanks guys for the update. thank you deviant, that was a great reply!

I ended up shipping my headlights over to Lightwerkz so that they can paint my 2012 headlights to match the 2011 with a black chrome finish and chrome shroud. I didnt feel confident about the masking the shroud part so off it went (if it was just blacking out, i may have tried). Ontop of that, i'm having them install some LED angel eyes.

In the end, it ended up being cheaper than the DEPO headlights. gosh, i'm so glad i didnt pick those headlights up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.