IW STi Forum banner

2011 STI race mesh grill installed!

39K views 82 replies 31 participants last post by  sti_mtl 
#1 ·
So I pulled the trigger on a HTauto front mesh grill last week, got it sprayed WRB to match my car and I am very happy with the results! I give the fitment a 8/10, although it doesn't have any bottom clips like the oem grill, it doesn't move anyway. I had the STI emblem doublesided taped onto the new grill. Now onto the pictures... Let me know what you guys think.

See less See more
#9 ·
I like it. Wish there were some before and after pictures...

#25 ·
When you remove the Subaru emblem from the trunk, there will be 2 holes there. I had my bodyshop sand down and repainted my whole trunk, there is no indentation. I was planning on taking pix today but due to the rain, I think it will have to wait til tomorrow

#23 ·
can you post more pics!?!
is this from HT auto?

#31 ·
Did your holes line up? Mine are off. Even if i push them into alignment the far right is still off by a hair.

Right side:

Left side:

I also dont like the way Subaru designed the frame. With a wider opening grill it exposes it.

Here's a comparison between the two grills for those that care.

#33 · (Edited)
Real original design there. :rolleyes:

Oh and it is indeed rice. Looks like my girlfriends Kia Forte Koup with no badge in the middle. A large agape hole for no apparent reason. Well either way to each there own.

#38 ·
Alright, everything is done and installed. It does not fit 100% and i have gaps on either side of the grill. Its fully seated into position. I had problems getting it to slide into position. I took some sandpaper and rubbed the bottoms to shave down some thickness and it went in like a charm. Im happy with the color and texture, i think it matches the lip perfectly. However the gap is my only beef.

Here is the gap:

And with the badge taped on.

With the chrome trim:

Plan badge no chrome trim:

#39 · (Edited)
shaggydog,

Your grill looks awful... maybe you got a defective grille since it came from the same company.
Not only do you have the gap from the grille sticking forward but it also sticks up. In other words, it is not aligned with the headlights. Look at the pics.

Edit
+1 on contacting the vendor. Send them this thread link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.