IW STi Forum banner

The 08+ STI - Forza 3 Brake Light Mod -

21K views 53 replies 35 participants last post by  AlexAlex 
#1 ·
So there I am playing Forza on yay ol XBOX driving a 2008 STI.

I decided to play with the "outside the car view" and noticed that whenever you hit the brakes the lower reflectors lit up, and I said to my self, that **** looks pretty cool.

so i bust out the laptop and start looking for some JDM LED brake light for those, and no such thing exsists.

naturally this makes me not happy, and I PM Apkarian100 (on newenglandsubarus) and tell him this needs to happen. He says "Why not, that sounds like it could work"

I bought some reflectors from subaru ($12 for the pair) and ship them up to him, a couple weeks later, I have this!!!

So far... I love it!!!!!

They can be made a little brighter but we are trying this out.

Your thoughts?

See less See more
#10 ·
Very nice. I like it. And as far as it being legal our cars are so scarce that i doubt you'd find a po po that would notice it. And if they did they are probably a subiehead and would want to know how you did it...Its basically the same as the tinted tails no ones going to know they are tinted unless they have or want one.

#15 ·
spliced into the tail light (Brown Wire on the harness)

Awesome. Now someone get us a write up with info on the lights used.
We are still working on a few ideas... writeup coming soon

Looks great. It sounds really simple to do...

1) Put LED strip into reflector housing
2) Seal and ground
3) Run power wire to parking or brake light

Am I missing something?
kinda, but the LED Panel was made from scratch with resistors and seperate leds, and sealed all up

#31 ·
a member on here or 3gwrx did this but with a rectangle light, it wasnt very clean up close but looks really good few feet away

but that is exactly what I wanted to do, but I dont have the skill to
I also want to get a set in clear. I currently have some small trailer lights there for my revererse.

If you put some clear LEDs in there, I'll pop the red lens off and go to TAP plastics and get a clear sheet cut to fit.

My current setup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.