IW STi Forum banner

Front bumper side vents ?

46K views 73 replies 37 participants last post by  TurboLag 
#1 ·
Anyone painted these flat black ?

#41 ·
Yes, it is black, but I was wondering if anyone thinks that the front lower opening should be painted black also. The side vents would be flat black and the front lower opening would be a semi shiny abs plastic. Wondering if it would be noticeable having two different blacks in the front bumper?

#55 ·
I have a local automotive paint store that can put whatever paint you like into spray cans. You can give them a paint code or you can make up whatever color suits your needs.

I'd like to think they will ship to wherever you are. Take a look at their site and you might find something you like.

SpaceAgePaint - powered by MarketElf.com

They carry many premium brands and could suggest the best for you.

I've gone the fill the spray can route before and had amazing results.

Good luck!

#64 ·
well, should anyone be interested, I ordered a roll of 30" x 10 yards of matte black vinyl. I'm planning to cover a few parts of the car, but should have PLENTY of left over. PM me if you might be interested so I can make up some of the cost. Should be pretty cheap, probably about $10 per 12" x 30" sheet??

#66 ·
I haven't received it yet. Just ordered it from my shop yesterday, so hope to have it by monday or tuesday next week.

I also stopped by the parts dept at the dealer and they can get me the black primered vents as well, so I may go that route for the side vents and then just cover my front grill and the little chrome STI side strips. I also like how some people covered their lower front lip where their bumper got messed up. I may do this after I take the current one off and try to fix it from the backside, then cover it up a little. It won't cover it all, but may make it look much better.

#72 · (Edited)
Here a couple of pics of mine

I have tried the following on my vents:

- complete wrap of 3M carbon vinyl
- Rexpeed Front Bumper Carbon Side Vents (which I test fitted but never been on the car and are FOR SALE)
- complete wrap of matte black vinyl

I found that these were all too much, so i then tried matte black vinyl inset so its not so in ya face, and for me, this was the perfect balance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.