New 2011+ WRX and STi Sedan Invidia Exhaust. What are your thoughts? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Go Back   STI Forums > GR Series STi Discussion (2008+) > GR-General > GR-Exhaust > New 2011+ WRX and STi Sedan Invidia Exhaust. What are your thoughts?
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 10-24-12, 12:20 PM   #1
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

Fav Mod: 1-888-457-2559 8am-Midnight!
My Subaru Parts for sale

RallySportDirect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New 2011+ WRX and STi Sedan Invidia Exhaust. What are your thoughts?

NOW AVAILABLE!!!

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Invidia-HS11STIGTP-N1-Cat-Back-Exhaust
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Invidia-HS11STIGTT-N1-Cat-Back-Exhaust-Titanium-Tips

What does everyone think? Anything you would like to see different?

Specs: 76mm pipe (3"), split into duel 60mm pipes.

***These are Prototype images, final product would have full polish pipes and hangers***

Video with a Catted DP and EL headers.
http://www.youtube.com/v/NDqQparmQ5Q

Kirill
RallySportDirect.com

Last edited by RallySportDirect; 01-26-13 at 02:58 PM.
RallySportDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 02:00 PM   #2
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2011 SSM STI Sedan
Fav Mod: TopSpeed Tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

LEXtoWRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New 2011+ WRX and STi Sedan Invidia Exhaust. What are your thoughts?

Kinda looks like they are using the same piping as the q300. If that's true would the q300 owners be able to just buy the cans? Also do you happen to have any straight on pics? Do you know if they plan on doing a burnt tip? Sorry for all the questions but somebody has to ask.
LEXtoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 02:14 PM   #3
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: WRC Blue 08 WRX Sti
Fav Mod: Invidia Q300 TBE
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kremer930 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New 2011+ WRX and STi Sedan Invidia Exhaust. What are your thoughts?

They look great. Burnt tips are always a great look and perhaps the tips could be angle cut to fit the profile of the car but either wy they look great.

I would like to add that on my Q300 exhaust that the centre flex joint is positioned as the lowest point of the car. It is important to ensure that it is either positioned closer to an axle or to ensure that it sits close to the body to protect this fragile piece. Cheers
Kremer930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 03:24 PM   #4
Advanced Contributor Level 4

Car: red 12 sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

red2012STI is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks great and it sounds good too. I do have a couple of questions:

1) Can you guys built a exhaust muffler with to big blueish twin tips(two for each side) kind of like the big fat ones that Greddy is making
2) Why that final "S" on the exhaust desing after the invidia plate and before the muffler? wouldn't be better to built something more straight for better flow?

Just my .2c since you are asking.
red2012STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 06:21 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 11 OBP WRX
Fav Mod: GS 38mm EWG/Up-Pipe
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ririck is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not a fan of the look of the exhaust, too "fast and furious" for my taste.
ririck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 06:32 PM   #6
Authorized Vendor

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXtoWRX View Post
Kinda looks like they are using the same piping as the q300. If that's true would the q300 owners be able to just buy the cans? Also do you happen to have any straight on pics? Do you know if they plan on doing a burnt tip? Sorry for all the questions but somebody has to ask.
It does look that way and I thought the same thing, but we have not been able to confirm if it uses the exact same piping as the Q300. These are the pictures that Invidia just sent us, I will ask if they can get any more pictures and will get back on here if we get some more. I would assume they will release a burnt tip model as that seem to go along with their N1 theme, but we will wait for conformation.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 10-24-12, 06:34 PM   #7
Authorized Vendor

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2012STI View Post
It looks great and it sounds good too. I do have a couple of questions:

1) Can you guys built a exhaust muffler with to big blueish twin tips(two for each side) kind of like the big fat ones that Greddy is making
2) Why that final "S" on the exhaust desing after the invidia plate and before the muffler? wouldn't be better to built something more straight for better flow?

Just my .2c since you are asking.
I am not sure if Invidia will release this in a Ti-tip, I would assume they will, but we will wait to see if that is something they bring to production. And a straight pipe will always be better, but with the dual 60mm pipes, I don't think the added restriction would be a concern for 99% of the people out there, as it should flow more than you could ever put into it.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 10-24-12, 06:34 PM   #8
Authorized Vendor

My Subaru Parts for sale

And thanks for all of the comments and support on this, always nice to see what people think!

Thanks again!
Rick

Old 10-25-12, 06:10 PM   #9
Advanced Contributor Level 4

Car: red 12 sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

red2012STI is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySportDirect View Post
I am not sure if Invidia will release this in a Ti-tip, I would assume they will, but we will wait to see if that is something they bring to production. And a straight pipe will always be better, but with the dual 60mm pipes, I don't think the added restriction would be a concern for 99% of the people out there, as it should flow more than you could ever put into it.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick,

The reason why I suggested the twin tip on each side is to "fill" (sort of speak) the space designated for the exhaust tips. The stock STI comes with 4 tips and it ills the space on the bumper better than a single muffler tip.
red2012STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 08:40 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 2011 STi
Fav Mod: Proper fitment
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

nuttnfancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Rick if you want some real world testing done you can just go ahead and box that prototype up and ship it to me. Happy to help out.
nuttnfancy is offline   Reply With Quote