Subaru GD WRX/STI is about to get an even LARGER following with new chase movie!!!! - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Subaru GD WRX/STI is about to get an even LARGER following with new chase movie!!!!
Subaru GD WRX/STI is about to get an even LARGER following with new chase movie!!!!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Subaru GD WRX/STI is about to get an even LARGER following with new chase movie!!!!
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 03-16-17, 07:58 PM   #11
blacknblue06STI
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Black, 06' STI
Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V2
My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Subaru GD WRX/STI is about to get an even LARGER following with new chase movie!!

Yes it is going to be a "b" type movie by the looks of it, but who knows it could be good. Sometimes the trailers make a movie look dumb but it turns out to be a sleeper.

This movie will absolutely bring more attention to the GD WRX's and STI's. I dont ever remember seeing or hearing about a big movie featuring a WRX/STI as the focal point of the movie. It WILL make people want one that never would have considered one before.

There are actually 3 red WRX's that are in the movie, all identical, and one was coverted to rear drive only for burnouts. The movie might be good, might not, but there is a lot of stunt driving featuring the WRX so that to me will be worth seeing it.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-16-17, 08:15 PM   #12
mheyman
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Nomal wear & tear
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Subaru GD WRX/STI is about to get an even LARGER following with new chase movie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknblue06STI View Post
Cars in movies can have a big impact on cult following and even values, and it looks like the Subaru WRX/STI GD models are about to be blessed with a leading role in an upcoming movie,
Quote:
Yes it is going to be a "b" type movie . . .

This movie will absolutely bring more attention to the GD WRX's and STI's. I
You got it right above . . . the cars bringing attention to the movie, not the other way round . . .

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-16-17, 08:15 PM   #13
tylerlieberman
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Fav Mod: Seat Time
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerlieberman has a spectacular aura abouttylerlieberman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yes it is going to be a "b" type movie by the looks of it, but who knows it could be good. Sometimes the trailers make a movie look dumb but it turns out to be a sleeper.

This movie will absolutely bring more attention to the GD WRX's and STI's. I dont ever remember seeing or hearing about a big movie featuring a WRX/STI as the focal point of the movie. It WILL make people want one that never would have considered one before.
Born to Race 2011 - YouTube

Born to race 2 full movie - YouTube

Two movies where a Subaru was the primary vehicle for a majority. There will be no real impact on the level of demand for these cars because of this movie. Guaranteed.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-16-17, 08:48 PM   #14
blacknblue06STI
Gold Member

Car: Black, 06' STI
Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V2
My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlieberman View Post
Born to Race 2011 - YouTube

Born to race 2 full movie - YouTube

Two movies where a Subaru was the primary vehicle for a majority. There will be no real impact on the level of demand for these cars because of this movie. Guaranteed.
that is a fast and furious type movie, this new movie with the red WRX's is more like an "italian job" type plot, a Heist flick, where the car takes on the personality, that boosted interest in mini coopers. Something tells me the timing of this movie is going to have a big Impact on the Subaru WRX/STI market. Anyway I disagree a movie of this scale will not have any effect especially if it is successful.

I only vaguely remember the born to race movie now that you mentioned it.

Last edited by blacknblue06STI; 03-17-17 at 04:48 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-20-17, 11:18 AM   #15
vindiCAtor
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: WRB 04 WRX STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

vindiCAtor is an unknown quantity at this point

Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx, Jon Hamm, Sony, TriStar Pictures and Working Title Films aren't exactly 'B' movie material. These are some big-hitters. Either way I'll be going to see it!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0