No Engine changes untill 2021 - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
No Engine changes untill 2021
Go Back   STI Forums > > > No Engine changes untill 2021
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 01-11-17, 11:34 AM   #11
RussellX
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Red STi Hatchback
Fav Mod: Cobb Stage 1
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RussellX has a spectacular aura aboutRussellX has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: No Engine changes untill 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingAnarchy View Post
Do you have a source?

According to documents sent to suppliers, start of production for the new engine/chassis is 2019.
every gen runs for atleast 6 years.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 12:12 PM   #12
raisingAnarchy
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: CBS '16 STI
Fav Mod: Driver mod
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

raisingAnarchy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellX View Post
every gen runs for atleast 6 years.
Which generations? The GR WRX/STi, sure. The GD WRX was first for sale in 2002 (USDM) and stopped in 2007. And now that the WRX/STi has been officially separated from the Impreza name...

Guess we'll have to wait and see! No surprise since STI themselves have always kept secrets well.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 02:51 PM   #13
RussellX

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingAnarchy View Post
Which generations? The GR WRX/STi, sure. The GD WRX was first for sale in 2002 (USDM) and stopped in 2007. And now that the WRX/STi has been officially separated from the Impreza name...

Guess we'll have to wait and see! No surprise since STI themselves have always kept secrets well.
Theres just no reason for subaru to put out an all new sti so early after 18 sti update, they dont need to rush, also theyre demand so high that they had to stop sales in some countries to focus on main markets like USA and canada.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 03:00 PM   #14
lidrew
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2011 DGM Sedan
Fav Mod: Brake Dust
My Subaru Parts for sale

lidrew will become famous soon enough

I've had 2 STis as daily drivers since 2007. I love them because they mod easily and cheaply and make significant and mostly reliable power gains , go anywhere in any weather, can fit a lot of isht in them, great resale value, and so many parts available because of how old the motor is. Mine were modded almost immediately. I don't think I can drive a stock STi anymore.

We have been hearing about a new motor for years. All the while, Mustangs, Camaros and many other cars have increased their power, performance, styling and fuel efficiency so much that the face lifted STi just can't hang. In 2004 doing sub 5 sec 0-60, 13.xx quarter mile, trapping 100 mph and pulling close to 1g were exceptional and made the STi a giant killer. Now I think Kia Optimas do those numbers. It's kind of pathetic that a 13 year old STi performs basically the same as a new one.

The STi needs a new, more powerful motor. I would like a turbo 6 please. Otherwise I will just keep modding my 2011 STi so it remains relevant.

Old 01-11-17, 03:07 PM   #15
RussellX

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidrew View Post
I've had 2 STis as daily drivers since 2007. I love them because they mod easily and cheaply and make significant and mostly reliable power gains , go anywhere in any weather, can fit a lot of isht in them, great resale value, and so many parts available because of how old the motor is. Mine were modded almost immediately. I don't think I can drive a stock STi anymore.

We have been hearing about a new motor for years. All the while, Mustangs, Camaros and many other cars have increased their power, performance, styling and fuel efficiency so much that the face lifted STi just can't hang. In 2004 doing sub 5 sec 0-60, 13.xx quarter mile, trapping 100 mph and pulling close to 1g were exceptional and made the STi a giant killer. Now I think Kia Optimas do those numbers. It's kind of pathetic that a 13 year old STi performs basically the same as a new one.

The STi needs a new, more powerful motor. I would like a turbo 6 please. Otherwise I will just keep modding my 2011 STi so it remains relevant.
Im actually happy that subarus kept with same drivetrain since the beginning, unlike other manufactures that ruined their cars by switching to automatic only, weaker drivetrains, replacing big naturaly aspired engines with weak turbo ones, and just packing their cars with soo much electronics that car becomes unreliable.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 04:43 PM   #16
blacknblue06STI
Advanced Mastery Level IV

Car: Black, 06' STI
Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V2
My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about

Lol Kia optimal can't run 0-60 in 4.6 seconds or run the quarter at 13.0s @ 105 mph or top 160 let alone are able to all of those thing lmao. It took the domestic sports cars 7 years (starting from 2004) to start building cars close to the sti price range that could match those times and it took 400++ horsepower engines for them to do it....the sti is still basically in a class by itself the Evo is gone and the rs is barely any better with 50 more horsepower
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 04:56 PM   #17
blacknblue06STI

My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidrew View Post

Kia optima 2.0 turbo takes 6.4 - 6.8 seconds from 0-60 bas price is 38,000 for the "performance" version...not exactly in the same performance envelope as a 2004 sti let alon e a 2015-2017
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 05:20 PM   #18
RussellX

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Why people judging sports cars by 0-60? Or quarter mile?
Im in sti for its handling, drivetrain durability, awd, manual, looks, sound. And speed.
Brz is much slower than sti but its still real nice balanced sports car thats fun to drive, even tho it doesnt have much power.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 06:03 PM   #19
blacknblue06STI

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellX View Post
Why people judging sports cars by 0-60? Or quarter mile?
Im in sti for its handling, drivetrain durability, awd, manual, looks, sound. And speed.
Brz is much slower than sti but its still real nice balanced sports car thats fun to drive, even tho it doesnt have much power.
Umm, I didn't simply reference the 0-60 capability of the STI, I also listed the 1/4 mile capability and the top speed capability...its the combination of those things that are still relatively strong in its price range and for a car with 305 horsepower.. Its faster from 0-100 than the 350 horse RS for example. There is also the humungous aftermarket of performance parts available for the STI..good quality parts as well, that allow it to be built up into a giant killer if one wants.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0