IW STi Forum banner

Borrow tactrix ASAP! Help!

978 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  pocketdrummer 
#1 ·
I just got married and we're taking the 02 wrx wagon on a road trip for the honeymoon. The only problem is that I have a 93oct tune and I forgot to flash the 91oct tune before we left and now we're coming upon 90oct pumps.

We'll be in Montrose, CO tonight and in the area tomorrow. Is there anyone who has a tactrix cable and a laptop that could help? The last thing I want to do is blow my engine in another state on our honeymoon.

#6 ·
You can get into boost some but try to keep it under 5# and don't go WOT. Without demanding maximum power the tune will give you, timing should stay relatively low and not challenge the crappy fuel.

#7 ·
We're near Zion now and the engine seems to be holding up (though they usually do until they pop). We have encountered one interesting side effect of driving exclusively in vacuum. We calculated 29.9mpg at one point in our journey! I've never seen over 22mpg for the entirety that I've owned the car, lol.

Anyway, if anyone is nearby and can help it would make the rest of the trip much more enjoyable.

#10 ·
Well, I'm back at home. Time will tell if we've caused irreversible damage on our little journey. The 91 octane problem started to get comical after a while as illustrated below:

I'll be flashing the car with the 91 octane tune later today. I still need to recover from that 22hr drive (it was brutal).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.