GD: Street Machine --> A tale of an 06 Sti, s362sx-e, Pictures! - Page 19 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Street Machine --> A tale of an 06 Sti, s362sx-e, Pictures!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Street Machine --> A tale of an 06 Sti, s362sx-e, Pictures!
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 01-07-17, 02:16 PM   #181
Adam WeSTi
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB 05 STi
Fav Mod: AP V3
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Adam WeSTi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Street Machine --> A tale of an 06 Sti, s300sx-e, Winter plans

Wow that uppipe is gorgeous, this is one of if not my favorite builds on this site your fab skills are incredible. I just started TIG welding about a month ago and this is very inspiring, great work!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-07-17, 03:14 PM   #182
I--RIDE--BIKES
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: new everything
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I--RIDE--BIKES will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam WeSTi View Post
Wow that uppipe is gorgeous, this is one of if not my favorite builds on this site your fab skills are incredible. I just started TIG welding about a month ago and this is very inspiring, great work!
Thank you for the compliments! I am 100% self taught when it comes to welding. Just lots of reading, researching and watching videos. And of course lots of practice!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-17, 03:38 PM   #183
I--RIDE--BIKES

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Update Time!

As usual, I was under the crunch to get the car back together before heading to Calgary for the tune/Driven. The bay shave/tuck was extremely time consuming but it is also very satisfying now that it is completed. I then had one hell of a time with my brake lines. I tried hard lines at the beginning that were a nickel/copper alloy but couldn't for the life of me make a good double flare. I then decided to quit dicking around and bought all AN lines for the front of the car. Everything is tucked so no brake likes are visible in the bay other than the 2 right off the master cylinder. I also decided to switch the color of my powder coated cr2p's from a heavily flaked black to a very cool chameleon lemon lime. I am much happier with this color and it looks great with my powder coated and rebuilt calipers!

Once it was all together I drove gently around the city to break in the new clutch before seeing sunny. Soon after, it was time to load the car onto the trailer and head to Calgary for a busy few days. We showed up at Vex/Airboy Tuning 2 days before Driven for what I was hoping to be a quicker tuning session that last time. That wasn't the case. We started with having to remove both bumpers to properly strap down the car, then the tires were too soft so we nascar style swapped them over to another set that Sunny had. Then if that wasn't enough, we started having fuel pressure issues. We ended up replacing the FPR, fuel filter and fuel pump. Finally the fuel pressure was rock solid! Each pull was gaining around 40whp and the grin on my face grew. We finished up at around 10:30 pm with 506whp and 430wtq, but sadly we were still just a meager 3whp away from the dyno's Subaru record of 509 whp. Sad I know. Everyone was extremely surprised by the power it made and I was extremely pleased haha. We unloaded the car, reassembled it, chatted with the shop guys for a while and then took the car out for a midnight drive to see what a true 500whp Subaru is like. Needless to say, its pretty darn fun. It even shoots flames out of the hood, which the child in me absolutely loves. The turbo definetly takes some work to spool, but I like it actually. Allows me to drive like a normal person until I really want the power. Plus a rev to 8k which makes it great.

Then came Driven 2 days later. It was pretty much a mad dash to clean the car since is hadn't had a wash since November. The show was amazing and there were many amazing cars there. I was lucky enough to be awarded Best Subaru in Show, even without any sort of entertainment system what-so-ever. It was a great feeling!

Now we are back in Brandon, planning the next round of mods to come! Cough Cough standalone/ethanol/650-700whp

Now for some pictures.

Likes 5 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-17, 04:38 PM   #184
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is just really niceGot2Boostit2 is just really niceGot2Boostit2 is just really niceGot2Boostit2 is just really niceGot2Boostit2 is just really nice
Default Re: Street Machine --> A tale of an 06 Sti, s362sx-e, Pictures!

Looks great......

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => http://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/

Last edited by Got2Boostit2; 05-15-17 at 05:12 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-17, 04:43 PM   #185
Adam WeSTi
Becoming An Advanced Contributor

Car: WRB 05 STi
Fav Mod: AP V3
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Adam WeSTi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Street Machine --> A tale of an 06 Sti, s362sx-e, Pictures!

It's back! Awesome work over the winter
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-17, 04:47 AM   #186
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about

These last two updates are what dreams are made of. Fantastic fab and coating work on your part and well done all around.

Just out of curiosity, what made you choose the open turbine housing instead of one of the larger A/R divided housings?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-17, 04:50 AM   #187
Delphi

Fav Mod: 6 Speed
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Delphi is on a distinguished road

Nice numbers. Airboys dyno is such a heart breaker haha. Funny seeing guys go in with stock turbos and coming out with 260 whp on a good day

Now I have to seriously ask myself if I want to go with a Borg turbo or stick with stock location. Both are so appealing, Borg more so but more costly.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-17, 03:45 PM   #188
I--RIDE--BIKES

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_05_STi View Post
These last two updates are what dreams are made of. Fantastic fab and coating work on your part and well done all around.

Just out of curiosity, what made you choose the open turbine housing instead of one of the larger A/R divided housings?
Thank you very much! I wanted the smallest A/R single scroll housing for increased spool since I'm currently on a single scroll setup. Plus running E will help with spool greatly too.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-17, 03:47 PM   #189
I--RIDE--BIKES

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Nice numbers. Airboys dyno is such a heart breaker haha. Funny seeing guys go in with stock turbos and coming out with 260 whp on a good day

Now I have to seriously ask myself if I want to go with a Borg turbo or stick with stock location. Both are so appealing, Borg more so but more costly.

It certainly is a heartbreaker! That's why I know I left with a TRUE 500whp, not some inflated number that looks cool on the internet.

I would also like to mention to everyone that reads this that I have entered into the Tuner Battlegrounds competition and would really appreciate any and all support from my fellow subi enthusiasts!

http://tunerbattlegrounds.com/compet...and-kirton-sti
Likes 1 Dislikes 0