GD: blurred's '06 STI gtx2867r/vband, now with Recaro goodness :) - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
blurred's '06 STI gtx2867r/vband, now with Recaro goodness :)
blurred's '06 STI gtx2867r/vband, now with Recaro goodness :)
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: blurred's '06 STI gtx2867r/vband, now with Recaro goodness :)

Old 01-25-17, 04:48 AM   #41
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: blurred's '06 STI gtx2867r/vband, now with Recaro goodness :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
It should be great for the street. There is talk that it is basically 300v but with a detergent pack and additives. The 300v shouldn't be used long term in a street car unless you actually require it. 300v does a great job dealing with fuel dilution, so e85/water-meth/massive injectors-rich pump gas idle/cruise type cars, or just if you are really pushing a lot of power and abusing is daily.
I would say go for it and pop in the 300v for track days

The detergents would be nice to keep everything clean although I change the oil often. We disabled closed loop fueling to rectify some driveability issues in closed loop due to the front o2 being moved post-turbine with my twinscroll setup. the tune itself is not excessively rich, but it's slightly rich a lot more often. E85 was also in the plan since I've started running 300V but I didn't get the car dialed in on 93 until last summer and just never got to E85 tuning. That's my plan for this year though
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-17, 06:28 PM   #42
blurred
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: RCE T2 600/500
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

blurred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_05_STi View Post
The detergents would be nice to keep everything clean although I change the oil often. We disabled closed loop fueling to rectify some driveability issues in closed loop due to the front o2 being moved post-turbine with my twinscroll setup. the tune itself is not excessively rich, but it's slightly rich a lot more often. E85 was also in the plan since I've started running 300V but I didn't get the car dialed in on 93 until last summer and just never got to E85 tuning. That's my plan for this year though
I would suggest just put the o2 back in the header where it belongs. run your wideband gauge in the DP. Too much hassle doing it otherwise if you have to chase closed loop problems.

most of my friends run 300v (700-1700whp range) and its always been great. Even on very high powered subarus at extremely high revs have found it to be great too so you can't go wrong with it Seeing what e85 can do (we don't have it at the pump here so have to buy barrels) you'll have fun for sure.

Old 02-06-17, 04:20 PM   #43
papadubsack
Silver Member

Car: 06 WRB STI
Fav Mod: Driver Mod
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

papadubsack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: blurred's '06 STI gtx2867r/vband, non-racecar, fun, responsive build

Quote:

Image Link

Garrett GTX2867r with TiAl V-band housing, and TiAl MVS 38mm wastegate. The KillerB uppipe was modified for both the V-band housing and the EWG. The wastegate dump was recirculated at a very low angle merge at the bottom of the downpipe. A number of gussets and brackets were installed as well.

Interested in doing a similar setup to this, but with a rotated uppipe and a custom downpipe. Did they just cut off the 3 bolt subaru flange and add the short extension and transition for the vband flange on the uppipe? Boost response and drive-ability look crazy!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-17, 05:01 AM   #44
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I would suggest just put the o2 back in the header where it belongs. run your wideband gauge in the DP. Too much hassle doing it otherwise if you have to chase closed loop problems.

most of my friends run 300v (700-1700whp range) and its always been great. Even on very high powered subarus at extremely high revs have found it to be great too so you can't go wrong with it Seeing what e85 can do (we don't have it at the pump here so have to buy barrels) you'll have fun for sure.
I'm rotated/twinscroll, the front o2 has to be post-turbine to sample all cylinders (similar to JDM OE TS setups). The closed loop issue was just a hiccup under light throttle, only noticeable while driving around town. I have maps with closed loop enabled in case I wanted to save some fuel on a long drive but I haven't noticed a significant enough drop to both switching maps. All in the throttle control

Do you drive your car in the winter? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on cold startup with with 5w-40 if so.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-07-17, 01:01 PM   #45
blurred

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: blurred's '06 STI gtx2867r/vband, non-racecar, fun, responsive build

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadubsack View Post
Interested in doing a similar setup to this, but with a rotated uppipe and a custom downpipe. Did they just cut off the 3 bolt subaru flange and add the short extension and transition for the vband flange on the uppipe? Boost response and drive-ability look crazy!
That's correct. We cut to the top off the uppipe for the vband flange after deciding on location and angle, then built the downpipe, then cut the uppipe for the EWG and the downpipe for the recirc.

You're right, its a blast to drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_05_STi View Post
I'm rotated/twinscroll, the front o2 has to be post-turbine to sample all cylinders (similar to JDM OE TS setups). The closed loop issue was just a hiccup under light throttle, only noticeable while driving around town. I have maps with closed loop enabled in case I wanted to save some fuel on a long drive but I haven't noticed a significant enough drop to both switching maps. All in the throttle control

Do you drive your car in the winter? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on cold startup with with 5w-40 if so.
I don't think the ecu has any logic about volume for the o2. It wouldn't matter if you are only sampling 2 cylinders as long as you have a wideband in the downpipe to monitor yourself. but if you're able to drive around it I guess its fine.

I have another car for a daily driver/winter car, but I do drive it during the winter (driving it daily right now as my other car is getting some mods done ). Typically I wouldn't be driving it much under 15F or so, but I also garage park as well as indoor parking at work. If I parked outside it would be on a block heater no matter what anyways. 5w40 is no problem for really cold. If it was consistently under 15F I would go back to german Castrol 0w30 but ive seen cars running 15w50 start up without issue in 10F temps after sitting all day... any good synthetic will start up and have a good film so I wouldn't worry about wear. It's more about the length of time it takes to warm up and drive, during that time you're running pretty rich so more fuel dilution, so that would be my main reason to go "thinner" if I was in a cold climate.

Old 04-17-17, 02:08 PM   #46
blurred

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I've had a bunch of body parts for years now that I haven't installed yet. This summer I will be changing up the look a little bit, starting with some WRX side skirts. I don't really like the STI ones and as I am also changing the front lip I think these will tie it together a little better.

Next up is a Greddy Lip and some Morimoto LED foglights, have to make some custom fit for these.

Old 05-08-17, 01:11 PM   #47
blurred

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Purchased December 2013...., painted 2016, installed May 2017...

So it took a while, but well worth the wait. I had to do the wrx sides to match as I don't think the sti skirts look right with this lip.

Also dropped in a pair of Hella Sharptones recently to better blast the horrible drivers and head-down clueless texting pedestrians

Old 05-09-17, 04:11 AM   #48
xirallicGDB-F
Advanced Contributor Level 4

Car: satin white pearl 07
Fav Mod: 2012 blue Sparco evo 2
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

xirallicGDB-F is on a distinguished road

Very clean, the lip and skirts work perfectly together. Always did like the Greddy lip and well.. I swapped to Wrx skirts too.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-09-17, 07:40 AM   #49
jvsoundwave
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 07 UGM Limited #534
Fav Mod: AirLift Baggs
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

jvsoundwave is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking badass! Super clean lines!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-09-17, 01:04 PM   #50
blurred

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirallicGDB-F View Post
Very clean, the lip and skirts work perfectly together. Always did like the Greddy lip and well.. I swapped to Wrx skirts too.
Thanks, yeah there aren't enough pics floating around so I was always worried if it would look as good as I thought... i'm very happy how it all turned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsoundwave View Post
Looking badass! Super clean lines!
thanks, My thoughts exactly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement