GD: 
20K views 71 replies 6 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited)
And sold! Off to a new home :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Mr. Grumpy

Your journal needs more pictures of all the pretty parts. Any track video's to share?

#6 ·
Re: Mr. Grumpy

Yep boring, I know boring, especially this year.:cool:

#19 · (Edited)
Re: 07 Sti - Stage II Protune Next!

So Sunday I went to Streets (CW), probably my best track day ever so far. I was very confident and learned a lot about had placement, trail braking, and just learned the car overall! Last track day, I only had sway bars. Now I have the list in the first post.

So if you read my other journal, I had a disappointing first day in my other car. So Sunday, I packed up light and just brought the bare essentials... air pump, gauge, jumper (I had to jump the car twice the morning of), cooler with water for everyone who needed one, and some small items, helmet, towel, window cleaner, etc...

I copied Mark Jager and ran hot tire pressures of 34 front, 36 rear. I learned a bit about tire management and saved my rubbers this time!

So in the early AM:

First session was way too full and everyone was spinning out kicking debris on the track :unamused: 1:49:052

Second session, some one blew their Audi turbos on lap 3 and they flagged us, towed them off right away, and moved to the next group rather than line us up again. some BS... only 1 timed run... 1.42:198

Third session I was either passing everyone and or scaring them. I kept hitting traffic, not getting a clean run. 1:42:309

The thing about Speed Ventures is you need a time on the lap to move up a class. they would not move me up with the first 1:42, and by the second, I bitched and complained to everyone. I cannot put down a real time when I keep running into people.

Finally they let me move up a class, for the last run for the day. Great... so with less traffic, but still on everyone's ass... I put down a 1:35:287

I talk to the gent working the front line about how I was unlucky in the beginning 'grey' group. He knew what I meant and let me out with the very last group of the day, the beginners. I had 2 goals in mind, not be a dick to the new guys and scare them, while getting in a hot lap finally.

Patience paid off! Even with the beginners and having some people in the way, I got a 1:31.851!!

If I had a lap or two to myself, I swear I can knock it down to match my friend's 1:27...

BTW, this is on Hawk HP pads (suck) and Dunlop SP Sport 01's - 235/40/17

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.