GD: Willub's 04 SM STi: WBM and stuff - Page 123 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Willub's 04 SM STi: WBM and stuff
Willub's 04 SM STi: WBM and stuff
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Willub's 04 SM STi: WBM and stuff

Old 09-23-16, 06:05 PM   #1221
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Willub's 04 SM STi: Back to racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickle View Post
Hmmm... Perhaps I should try more. Maybe next year. I think I am only planning on two more events this year.
If my car is raceable for the next event, I'll definitely be adding quite a bit.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-17, 01:03 PM   #1222
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Well hello! I have hardly touched the STI since it developed an oil leak. I decided to start it up the other day and as I was pressing the clutch pedal in to crank it, I heard a loud pop and felt something let go/move. The clutch seems to work fine, and it feels okay. I just hope a finger didn't break off the pressure plate or something. I'm hoping it was just the throw out bearing shifting around. Other than that it's running fine, just leaky. Hopefully just a cam seal. Once I fix the leak, I plan on tuning the car. I've had an unused v3 AP hanging around for 1.5 years now It sucks that Cobb now requires passing a course to unlock ATR, but maybe I'll learn some things. The main purpose of a new tune will be to raise the rev limiter a bit, and get rid of the soft limiter. More power will be welcome as well, since the old tune was kept safe to preserve the 142k mile original motor. I won't be bothering with e85 just yet. It would require too many changes that I currently don't want to spend money on, and it's just not convenient. Time to pick up a wideband!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-20-17, 04:24 PM   #1223
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Since racing starts back up in a few weeks I figured I'd check out the STi. The oil leak has seemed to stop, or slow down to the point where it doesn't bother me. None of the timing components have oil on them, and that's all I was really concerned with. I decided to check out the air filter that's been stuck in the passenger side wheel arch for a few years now. The downside of an exposed filter!

Nice and clean on the inside though.

I'll be cleaning it and oiling it up before racing starts.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-17, 04:06 PM   #1224
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I attended the first event of the season on 4/9. The battery is completely dead in the STi, so I raced my '16 WRX. The last time I raced it, it was 90+ degrees out. Not so much fun on OEM tires. This time it was much more enjoyable. I ran it in street mod even though it's stock, minus the muffler deletes. At the end of the day I got 1st in class, as my normal competition was not there. I was only 1.2 seconds behind a good driver in a D street prepped Scion FR-S, who placed 8th in PAX out of 133 drivers. With some autocross worthy rubber and an alignment, I'm quite confident I could compete with that. D street finally has some competition this year now that the some FR-S's were bumped out of CS. I'm always on the fence about selling the STi, and now I have a mortgage to pay. Here is my fastest run of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/v/TwrA59bOx1k

In other news, my girlfriend has joined the Subaru world! She bought a 2015 WRX Premium last week. Now to get her racing

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 06-22-17, 05:28 PM   #1225
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Willub's 04 SM STi: National Tour and WBM stuff

Well, a lot has changed since my last update. I traded in my WRX for a Forester, did some more house things, and got married!

Enough with the boring stuff and on to racing. I think I've done two events since the last update. Last weekend was the Devens Champ Tour. Long story short, I didn't drive so well, but finished where I probably should have. It was nice competing with a couple Subaru guys that do well at Nationals. It inspires me to keep moving forward with my car. I actually tried to get my car aligned before this big event, but the local shop I trust was booked a couple weeks out and couldn't get me in on time. The camera didn't work on the first day. Here's my fastest dirty run from day 2. I fudged up the second slalom real good.

http://www.youtube.com/v/y3JaZovr3jc&t

I'll be attending Wicked Big Meet for the first time this weekend and I'll be doing the autocross. I've heard it's sketchy, so we'll see how that goes. I want that trophy and gift card!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-22-17, 05:37 PM   #1226
mickle
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: SCCA Membership / Flares
My Subaru Parts for sale

mickle is on a distinguished road

Gonna make you work for it! Also, if GS credit is what you are looking for let me know what you need!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-22-17, 08:50 PM   #1227
brapp
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2005 STi
Fav Mod: going from GR -> GD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

brapp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
Well, a lot has changed since my last update. I traded in my WRX for a Forester, did some more house things, and got married!

Enough with the boring stuff and on to racing. I think I've done two events since the last update. Last weekend was the Devens Champ Tour. Long story short, I didn't drive so well, but finished where I probably should have. It was nice competing with a couple Subaru guys that do well at Nationals. It inspires me to keep moving forward with my car. I actually tried to get my car aligned before this big event, but the local shop I trust was booked a couple weeks out and couldn't get me in on time. The camera didn't work on the first day. Here's my fastest dirty run from day 2. I fudged up the second slalom real good.

movie

I'll be attending Wicked Big Meet for the first time this weekend and I'll be doing the autocross. I've heard it's sketchy, so we'll see how that goes. I want that trophy and gift card!
Damn I want to race now.
Looks like a fun course... driving looked good from what could be seen from the side!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-24-17, 03:42 AM   #1228
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp View Post
Damn I want to race now.
Looks like a fun course... driving looked good from what could be seen from the side!
It was a fun, fast course! I should have been in third for part of it, but the one time I tried to get the car in to third, it went in to first after a lot of fighting. This has been a past issue that I am currently addressing. I installed the beatrush transmission mount and kartboy shifter bushings last night. Getting in to third on the street is fine. The problem occurs when cornering hard or going flat out in second and trying to shift quickly. Hopefully taking care of some more slop will help!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement