GD: Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Page 171 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car
Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car

Old 07-18-17, 02:40 PM   #1701
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud of
Default Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car

My oil cooler came in today... It's rather large.

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-17, 04:51 PM   #1702
welaish
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: White 2012 STI
Fav Mod: Sway Bars
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

welaish is on a distinguished road

Where you will Mount that. Looks huge.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-18-17, 05:07 PM   #1703
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud of

It'll cover the lower half of my radiator. It is pretty large for frontal area, but some of the "smaller" coolers here have more volume. I chose to a larger frontal area over a thicker core.

These just arrived. I jumped on Maxxis' 20% off coupon for the 4th of July (although UPS kept pushing back delivery, even after they were already in Denver... I had to contact them.). It's hard to beat the performance and longevity for the price. I've had these tires on this car a couple years ago and enjoyed them for not having to spend an arm and a leg and have the heat cycle out quickly.

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-17, 07:21 PM   #1704
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Working out how it will be mounted, but she big!

Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 07-21-17, 08:10 PM   #1705
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm taking the oil cooler over to Pang's (http://pfabrications.com/) tomorrow to have him weld on some rods for mounting into the SoS bracket. *I made some marks for location, just off-center and then followed up with my own sort of jig since I can't bring the bracket with me. *Once I get back home, I'll mount it up and plumb it up in preparation for cranking the motor over.

​​​​​​​

I sucked out the oil today from the top side and tomorrow plan to finish out the oil return. *I am also tee'ing in the AOS into the return line. *The hoses are held on with crimp clamps and I am insulating everything from heat, which is why the hose coming off the turbo is so bulky. *
​​​​​​​

Ever since I put my EFR turbo on, I've had a small oil leak that would drip onto the UP and smell. I've been messing with it over the last month or so. I tried tightening it a couple times, but it never went away. A week or so ago, I replaced the fitting that was on it from Full-Race with a 45 degree, which was previously keeping the hose in an odd shape and why I believe I had the leak in the first place... The 45 degree fitting fit much better, but the leak was the same.

Today, I pulled the hose off again and was reminded that I had to put an adapter on the turbo feed line when I installed. I took the IWG actuator off the turbo and pulled the fitting off. It looks like that the odd placement of the 90 degree fitting caused me to tighten it up at an angle, which dug into the fitting (hard to see, one side is a good be deeper than the rest).

So now, I am placing an order for a new adapter. And when it's not leaking, I have some oil residue to clean up!

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 07-22-17, 03:38 PM   #1706
ShinjiML
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2011 STI DGM
Fav Mod: Spoolinator; Back-up Camera; ShinjiTuned
My Subaru Parts for sale

ShinjiML has a spectacular aura aboutShinjiML has a spectacular aura aboutShinjiML has a spectacular aura about

I also have a small oil leak, mine's from the turbo oil feed line, tightened it a few times and it got better but it's still there
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-22-17, 06:43 PM   #1707
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

It's a pain, but I was tired of smelling burnt oil.

The oil cooler is mounted and plumbed... Just have to secure the hoses and put insulating wrap over them.

I can probably fire this up tomorrow, but I got really, really exhausted later in the day today and I may not touch the car tomorrow. We'll see.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-22-17, 07:47 PM   #1708
Matt,
Becoming A Contributor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Matt, is on a distinguished road

Nice work dude!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0