GD: Re: yamahaSHO - Bought another Subaru... - Page 165 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Re: yamahaSHO - Bought another Subaru...
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Re: yamahaSHO - Bought another Subaru...
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 05-04-17, 05:48 PM   #1641
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud of
Default Re: yamahaSHO - Bought another Subaru...

Oil filter relocation and thermostat are worked out! The car now has a Ford part (90 degree adapter), Subaru parts (misc bolts, previously STi injectors), and an NSX filter.

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-17, 11:10 AM   #1642
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud of

Another Cars & Coffee... I've been enjoying this car lately.

Tested out my new phone's camera. I think my car looks just as new.

I think I am going to pull the header soon to see if it is leaking from the grind marks SwainTech left. While I have it off, I was thinking of sending the header and uppipe off to ATP to have the Inconel shields made for them. I'd really like to contain heat and I think that is the ticket, plus a turbo blanket, and putting my water sprayer on a boost pressure switch.

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-17, 12:35 PM   #1643
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about

After the work they did on the S2K heat shield I don't think you could go wrong with having them make one for the STi as well.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-17, 08:51 PM   #1644
mheyman
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Nomal wear & tear
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the rough

Ah, I think I understand the Inconel "shields". The Inconel really just shields "normal" high temperature insulation. I'd love to em over my wrap, and it might mean I could use less durable but better insulating wrap.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI

Last edited by mheyman; 05-16-17 at 03:10 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-17, 06:37 AM   #1645
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

If you put them over your wrap, you'll likely burn them off faster. The shields completely encapsulate the part and do not transfer heat outside the shield well. I'd do a ceramic coating and then Inconel if you're going to do any doubling up.

My goal is to keep the heat out of the engine bay for keep everything cooler, as well as making my TMIC more effective than most.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-17-17, 12:33 PM   #1646
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Forgot to post this from this past weekend, but I managed a little better MPG's.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-17-17, 01:40 PM   #1647
mheyman
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Nomal wear & tear
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the roughmheyman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
If you put them over your wrap, you'll likely burn them off faster. The shields completely encapsulate the part and do not transfer heat outside the shield well. I'd do a ceramic coating and then Inconel if you're going to do any doubling up.

My goal is to keep the heat out of the engine bay for keep everything cooler, as well as making my TMIC more effective than most.

Our goals are exactly the same.

While my wrap only has 15k only it, it is 15 all weather k, and it looks "new". It's not burning off, but it's only so thick. I could add another layer, but the shielding would keep it from the elements and add insulation. Coating is of course an option, but I don't think exhaust temps are all that hot and if the inside iconel layer stays shiny its probably a decent radiative barrier. Hmm with that in mind ideally youd add insulation outside the shielding

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 11:11 AM   #1648
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Inconel from ATP. They do an extremely good job and it's going to keep the engine bay significantly cooler.

Got hit with about 2 feet of wet, heavy snow yesterday. I was going to telework, but then I lost power and had to take the day off. We spent literally all day without power and I had to test our gas fireplace for the first time to keep up warm. I didn't bother with trying to snow blow yesterday, but did spend over 3 hours today doing it so the wife could get her car out.

I tried to get the Jeep moved yesterday... I don't have the right tires on right now, but I'm not positive winter tires would have made much of a difference with the packed, wet snow. That said, the Jeep got back, then started sliding. I just went back inside.

It snowed another 4-6" after these pictures were taken.

A good bit of snow will be gone by tomorrow... And completely gone in a couple days. One thing I like about Colorado.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 01:15 PM   #1649
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

So I just completed the Cobb certification course so I can do FlexFuel on my GD... Even being drunk, I didn't take the course and ran right through the questions. However, some of that material needs to be looked at again as some of it does not match up with all vehicles and cannot be said as an absolute (some of it doesn't even match Subaru-specific, but I digress...). There were more things in there that I did not agree with, but whatever. Additionally, it could use a proof reader...

Yes, it is a complete joke and if you don't already understand or do the work on your own to understand what they are going through, you shouldn't be tuning your car.

That said, my car will get FlexFuel.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 01:25 PM   #1650
eaglehunter
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb AP, downpipe and protune (best bang for bucks thus far)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

eaglehunter is on a distinguished road

That's rather scary... and good to know.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0