IW STi Forum banner

MJfubar's 06 Blue STI ***Track Time***

100K views 597 replies 41 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited)
This is actually my second STI I had a 05 STi but that didn't turn out so well being that I wrecked it, but on the second try its going well. After having the 05 I knew that I had to own another STI. The car was awesome and the feel of the AWD is something that other cars just don't have.

Well I have owned the car for a while now and I have just been taking it slow (mainly because I have been trying to keep the DD up and running). But mods are slowly coming in and getting on the car.

I have taken the car out to Willow Springs on the Streets and it was a great time I can't wait to do it again, I also take it drag racing at Fontana and Famoso.

At the moment the car is making 297 whp and 331 ftp and has made it down the 1/4 mile at 13.3 at 103. I really need to work on that time but my 60ft isn't that great being a 1.87 ouch... But then again when I went to the track either I broke the pitch mount or it was already broken hmm i dont know.

More on the car Mark's Subaru STI

Future Mods:
Suspension RaceComp Engineering or Cusco or Tein ??? or maybe something else.
New Clutch (that is when I need it hopefully not to soon.)
Header

Mods:
Engine:
HKS TBE
Modified HKS Downpipe
K&N Typhoon Intake
Cobb Turbo Heat Shield
Cobb AP V2
With Protune By Tim Bailey
Crawford AOS V2
KOYO Radiator
Earls Oil Cooler Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com - View Single Post - MJFubar's GD Fubarin!!!
Beatrush Pitch Mount
Cusco Motor and Trans Mounts
Fuel Pump
Grimmspeed EBC

Suspension:
18x8.5 Work Emotions
with Hankook R-S3 Socal Subaru Forum For SoCal Subaru Enthusiasts: SoCalSubies.com - View Single Post - MJFubar's GD Fubarin!!!
RaceComp Engineering Sway Bar set
Kartboy Endlinks
Kartboy transmission bushings and exhaust bushings
RaceComp Engineering Yellow Springs
RCE Camber Plates
Whiteline Rear Diff Bushings
Whiteline Lateral Links

Brakes:
DBA 4000 Rotors Front and Rear
Stoptech SS Brake lines
Hawk HP+ Pads for Track
Hawk Ceramic for Street

Misc:
Sparco Race Seat with Harness
Kartboy Short Shifter
Dash Pod with
Boost, Oil Pressure gauges, Oil Temp http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=35
Replica V-Limited Lip
Beatrush Alternator Cover
Beatrush Cooling plate

Lubricants:
Castrol 0W30 Syntec
Motul rear diff fluid
Motul MTF

Goals:
320 to 350 HP
Good street car that looks good and goes fast
Learn to turn in later

Tune:
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/power-bragging/131321-2006-sti-297whp-331wtq.html
YouTube - sti dyno
YouTube - sti dyno topend motorsports

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Re: MJfubar's 06 Blue STI

Here is the early production 06 STI motor mount. This mount makes it so that if you want to use a Cusco mount or any aftermarket mount that you have to buy a plate from an 05 or later model 06 STI. But yesterday I spoke to well actually I emailed because apparently subarugenuineparts.com doesnt accept phone calls. Yea that was very stange to me at least. Well I found out that they don't even have the early production mounts in their books. So really you don'y have to ever worry about ordering the wrong part. I guess thats a plus. He sent me a diagram of the parts which I will be posting soon. Subaru Genuine Parts

This is what you will need. (thanks Raptr for the pic)

#10 ·

So I need some inputs on which suspenion to get its either going to be the Tein or the Cusco that is unless there is something else out there in that price range that would be better any ideas? I know that its all based on opinions most of the time but if anyone has any experiances with one or the other or maybe both that would be awesome.

#11 ·

Broken Driver side mount

Mount and then Installed

Overall installation of the motor mounts were easy, just one of the bolt were really hard to get at, which would be the rear passenger side. They slid out easily especially the drivers side which was broken. Just remmeber if you have an early production 06 STI that you need to get the plate and nuts (which I forgot and had to go to the hardware store for) to be able to complete the install.

#13 ·

same goes here for the mounts and the pich stop !!
too much launch's from zero will 4 sure break these,
i have an agency power pich stop now, but how does the engine feels when u rev it up with those motor mounts compared to the stock one's ??
and does those diff bushings really help ?
btw ur car is lookin awsome with the work emotion !

#14 ·

The motor mounts make it more stiff and allow more vibration into the cabin, but it is NOT alot by any means you get a nice rubble when you start the car and then when you turn on the ac when just idleing. Other than that they feel similar. I would definately recommend them. Just remember to buy all the parts needed.
The diff bushings well I couldnt tell you just yet but when I get them installed I will let you know.
Yea I tend to do alot of lauching and like to drag race the car. So yea some good abuse I would say.

#16 ·

have u checked what's the code of the CEL ??

#19 ·

i used to hv that kinda of problems with the K&N,
But now i hv the AEM CAI which has a dry filter !!
soooo no need 4 oiling !

#20 ·

Yea I really like the AEM dry filter, I have one on my civic. But I found out that it wasnt the filter at all. It was teh wiring to the MAF, I am assuming that since I just did the Motor Mounts that either from them being broken or from me replacing them and jacking up the motor one of the wires was cut and was grounding out against the K&N heat shield. So once I found that I just cut it and soildered it back together covering it with heat shrink and some electical tape.
Now the CEL is gone and I am good to go.

#22 ·

Nope, to be honest I feel that the tire selection would be far more important than the rim. Overall them being 18's I feel more road noise but nothing that would be upseting. I just made one mistake I bought them in 8.5 and forgot to order 235 tires. I ordered 225 by mistake oops oh well.

#23 ·

Nope, to be honest I feel that the tire selection would be far more important than the rim. Overall them being 18's I feel more road noise but nothing that would be upseting. I just made one mistake I bought them in 8.5 and forgot to order 235 tires. I ordered 225 by mistake oops oh well.
I understand, but can you feel that the wheel is actually heavier when cornering? The only reason I ask is because I just installed these wheels on my car with 235's and it definitely feels like the wheels are heavier.

#24 ·
Re: MJfubar's 06 Blue STI ***Subiefest Pics***

i am planing on getting the Work XC8...

with the matte bronze like the above....
and i am thinkin of gtting the 19x9.0 ........
wut do u think mark ??
will it fit ??

#25 ·
Re: MJfubar's 06 Blue STI ***Subiefest Pics***

They look really hard to clean haha, I get lazy when it comes to that stuff so I like to have wheels that are easy to wipe down. The reason that I didnt get the other wheels I was thinking of was (work XD9's) was because I was worried that they would rub. Being I dont have any suspension adjustment yet. But overall it just depends on the offset and the backspacing. Grab the old measuring stick and see what you can come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.