Re-Program 04 STI Key Fob? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Go Back   STI Forums > GD Series STi Discussion (2003/4-2007) > GD-General > GD-I.C.E/Security > Re-Program 04 STI Key Fob?
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 05-04-09, 01:12 PM   #1
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 04 WRB STi
Fav Mod: V1,cobb ap,tbe:)DRZ400SM,
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lc5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-Program 04 STI Key Fob?

Im having problems getting the car into program mode this is what i tired to do:
Program remotes: works on Alpine system.

Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time.
Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the 'on' position so the dashboard lights up.

When the horn honks, open and close the driver's door, press any remote button and that's it.
Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver's door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That's it.

When you're done, remove the key and the horn should honk 3 times. You're all set.
Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again.

I've done this like 20 times an does not work, anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks

Last edited by lc5455; 05-06-09 at 07:10 AM.
lc5455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-09, 06:00 AM   #2
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 04 WRB STi
Fav Mod: V1,cobb ap,tbe:)DRZ400SM,
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lc5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 04 sti key fob?

I think the car is in valet mode but I don't have the fob that came with the car. Anyone know how to get it out of valet mode?
lc5455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 09:22 PM   #3
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Car: 04 STI WRB/GLD
Fav Mod: None
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

2nedSTI is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 04 sti key fob HELP?

Bump for you because I need this info too!

Show:Kartboy Exhaust Hangers, Snorkus Delete, Tein Springs, Tail Conversion, Autometer Gauges and Pod, Painted Shift Trim, Sparco Globe-X Shift Knob, SPT Turbo Heatshield, Red Hazard Button, Polished Intercooler and BPV, Graphite Headlight Housings, Kenwood, Alpine, Red Light Mod, WRX Interior Swap, Intercooler Screen. Go: K&N Drop In, HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust, Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings, BC Racing Coilovers, GMS Short Shifter.
2nedSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 07:08 PM   #4
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STi
Fav Mod: Right Foot
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WRX_xxx is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this on another site.

• Keyless Remote Fob

1. Step 1
    Find the serial number on your keyless remote. If you purchased the remote new from the dealer, the package will have the serial number listed. Otherwise, look on the back of the remote for the eight-digit serial code. You must have the code to program the remote.
  2. Step 2
    Close the doors, hood and trunk in your Impreza. Open the driver's door, sit in the driver's seat and shut the door.
  3. Step 3
    Open the driver's door from the inside, and then shut the door after a few seconds. Quickly insert your key into the ignition and toggle the key from "Lock" to "On" (without cranking) 10 times within a 15-second time frame.
  4. Step 4
    Listen for the beep, and then quickly open the driver's door and shut it. If you did not hear a beep, you have done the procedure incorrectly. Start over from the beginning.
  5. Step 5
    Listen for the next beep; this one lasts 30 seconds. Before the beeping stops, press the power door lock button on your door panel the number of times equal to the first digit on your keyless remote serial code. If the first digit is 4, you will press the button four times. You must complete this before the beeping stops.
  6. Step 6
    Press the unlock button on your door panel immediately after pressing the lock button the appropriate number of times.
  7. Step 7
    Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each digit in your keyless remote serial code. Each serial code has 8 digits. Perform the process from left to right. When you have finished, the remote will be programmed to the vehicle. Repeat the entire process to program up to four remotes to your Impreza.
WRX_xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 06:51 PM   #5
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: AWD!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Tachypsychia is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually just did this for my '05 yesterday. I just opened and closed my driver door and as soon as i shut it, put my key in and started cycling from Lock to On making sure to go the full range. I counted and the car horn actually honked before I got to ten, and I'm pretty sure that I didn't count wrong, but I opened and closed the door, hit the FOB and the horn beeped. then i took the key out and the horn beeped twice to signal out of programming mode. Worked like a charm. And this was a fob I ordered from online used.

If its not working, make sure you open and shut the door between tries, and quickly but steadily cycle the key. If you mess up, take the key out, and open and close the door again. Took me about 3-4 tries before the horn finally honked. Hope that helps.
Tachypsychia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 04:05 PM   #6
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Car: 05 WRX Sti
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WhiteNite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re-Program 04 STI Key Fob?

I have a late 05 (different coolant tank thingy black plastic instead of metal, on the passenger side of the engine bay)

I just programed 2 remotes this way on my 05 STi:

1. Get in vehicle and cycle key to the "ON" position 10 times withing 15 seconds, meaning pretty quickly. You will hear a beep or the horn will sound. (NOTE: Sometimes you have to turn it 11 times)

2. Open and close the drivers side door.

3. Press one of the buttons on the remote

4. Open and close the drivers side door.

5. **If you have other remotes, repeat steps 3 and 4 for all other remotes

6. Remove key from ignition, you should hear a beep/honk that the reprogramming has ended

7. Test remote(s)
WhiteNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 09:36 AM   #7
Mod formerly known as Parker
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Fav Mod: Your mom
My Subaru Parts for sale

tenplanescrashing is on a distinguished road

The how-to forum is not a "help me" forum. Please post in the correct forums.
tenplanescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 02:25 PM   #8
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Car: 05 WRX Sti
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WhiteNite is an unknown quantity at this point

I only posted to help those having trouble programing there 05 Sti. I tried the first method several times and it didn't work, so I tried the method posted above in my post and for whatever reason, it worked. So maybe I should have posted in the "Help Others" Forum .....
WhiteNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-10, 04:29 PM   #9
Mod formerly known as Parker
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Fav Mod: Your mom
My Subaru Parts for sale

tenplanescrashing is on a distinguished road

My post wasn't directed to you.
tenplanescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 04:03 PM   #10
Advanced Contributor Level 4