IW STi Forum banner

Hello! New member- '16 WRB STI

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  itsm3ming 
#1 ·
Hello, and Happy 4th of July to everybody!

My name is Tyler and I just picked up my '16 WRB STI a couple days ago.

I had 2012 ISM WRX a few years back and did some stuff to it. Wheels, intake, exhaust, open source etc etc. Nothing crazy. I told myself when I bought it I didn't need the STI cause I didn't need the big brakes, the DCCD, or any of the other bits, and after owning the WRX for 6 months, I started to regret not getting the STI lol. I owned that car for a year and then switched over to an FRS.

I grew up around Nissan 240s and stuff (I also owned and built 2 myself) so this car made me feel right at home. Had it for 2 years and did quite a bit to it.

Recently though, my priorities and needs with a vehicle have changed and I couldn't really justify owning the FRS anymore. I decided early this year to go back into something 4 doors and more usable on an everyday basis. I thought about getting a 2015 WRX but I remember what happened last time I got a WRX, so I told myself that if I got one, it HAD to be an STI. 2015s were selling quick though, and it was hard to get the exact one I wanted, so I talked to a good friend who works at the local dealership, and the wait for the first 2016s to roll in began.

They rolled in last week and the exact one I wanted just happened to be in that first shipment. He was kind enough to have the dealership hold it for a few days for me until I was able to make the trip up there to get it.

Couldn't be happier. If anybody has any questions regarding the car or the old FRS or anything, please feel free to ask :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks!

I actually bought the STI with the intentions of keeping it near stock lol.

Just brake pads and brake fluid are planned for the near future. Thinking maybe RCE springs and some RAYS or Advan wheels at some point but we'll see what happens. I really like the OEM wheels on this thing too :lol:

#14 ·
Haha thanks for all the love everybody. Here's another pic in some good sunlight to see the color.

Still nothing new with the STI. Bought a few small things but nothing crazy. Really just been doing a lot of research on things, like AOS' and other important items. I had a 2012 WRX before the FRS so I'm familiar with the EJ platform, but there's still a lot I want to learn.

I about knew everything worth knowing on the FA20 platform before I even bought the FRS lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.