(FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you'll get the stick. - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
(FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you'll get the stick.
(FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you'll get the stick.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > (FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you'll get the stick.
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 01-12-11, 04:17 AM   #1
viperguy
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: JATO bottle
My Subaru Parts for sale

viperguy is on a distinguished road
Default (FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you'll get the stick.

"My engine has a knock, who in Germany can fix it?"

- Only licensed Bosch/Subaru repair stations. Or you can take it to a reputable non-subaru repair facility. BUT you must pay by CC and be sure and get invoice saying EVERY bit of work performed. By German law the person that makes the repair must warranty the repair for at least 2 years.

-If you pay cash.. you run the risk of loosing the invoice and not being able to prove the work was done.

-The invoice MUST be detailed... them putting "repair" says nothing. If you don't speak German then find someone who does... do not trust ANYONE.

"I had some issues, but a guy at the auto hobby shop worked on it and now i'm screwed..as he can't fix what he broke"

-See above NO German shop will work on the car now, as they do not want to warranty the previous work.. nor do they want the liability.

"I want/need to get tuned while i'm in Germany"

-You have 3 options. First you can have it tuned here.. Which will cost you tons of money.

-Second you can fly someone over to do the tune for you, But you had better pray the car does not break. This also opens up the can of worms as no one will touch your car.

-Third option which is the best.. leave it alone until you get back to the states.

(I will add more when I have the time)

MODS: None ..all stock.

Last edited by viperguy; 01-12-11 at 04:21 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-12-11, 04:18 AM   #2
viperguy

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: (FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you get the stick.

reserved..

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-13-11, 01:44 AM   #3
diazamet
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

diazamet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you'll get the stick.

Don't know how far you are willing to travel but I used this guy (AK-Motorsport) after my car decided to relocate a conrod on the outside of the engine
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-20-11, 03:49 PM   #4
viperguy

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: (FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you'll get the stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazamet View Post
Don't know how far you are willing to travel but I used this guy (AK-Motorsport) after my car decided to relocate a conrod on the outside of the engine
They are crazy expensive... Almost the same prices as a certain shop in LUX.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-14-11, 06:39 AM   #5
armyssoldierboy
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: seat time
My Subaru Parts for sale

armyssoldierboy is on a distinguished road

Or get an e-tune by various stateside tuners by logging, email, flash, log, email etc

Full Race, EFR/Borgwarner, IAG, AEM, Manley, Kelford, Clutch Masters, Perrin, GrimmSpeed, KSTech, Kartboy, AST, Tial, Defi, DBA, Project Mu and more
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-11, 12:53 AM   #6
viperguy

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyssoldierboy View Post
Or get an e-tune by various stateside tuners by logging, email, flash, log, email etc
This is the first thing I hear right before "so do you know who can fix my car".

Either tune it right or leave it alone.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-11, 12:53 PM   #7
armyssoldierboy
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: seat time
My Subaru Parts for sale

armyssoldierboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperguy View Post
This is the first thing I hear right before "so do you know who can fix my car".

Either tune it right or leave it alone.
There are a couple reputable tuners that etune like kieth @ awdtuning. I don't remember if Cobb or efi logics do etunes. Still the option is there.

Full Race, EFR/Borgwarner, IAG, AEM, Manley, Kelford, Clutch Masters, Perrin, GrimmSpeed, KSTech, Kartboy, AST, Tial, Defi, DBA, Project Mu and more
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-05-11, 02:30 PM   #8
mobius388
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Not fixing anything
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

mobius388 is an unknown quantity at this point

How much is it usually for a tune? Seriously considering just getting it locally done here.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-17-11, 03:42 AM   #9
viperguy

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius388 View Post
How much is it usually for a tune? Seriously considering just getting it locally done here.
bags of money as the dollar is worth crap these days

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-16-12, 09:48 AM   #10
Gumby
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Black 06 WRX STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gumby is an unknown quantity at this point

did anybody every get an idea of how many € I will have to part with for a tune here in Germany? The conversion rate is great right now and if they take a VAT form, it is almost 1:1. I would be seriously bummed if I have to wait till I go back to USA for this. That is still 18 months away.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0