IW STi Forum banner

How bad does this FKL look?

Cobb Accessport 
7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  sushibug 
#1 · (Edited)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DKUeFzDw5QVI5-seP0QxTIAb4unpsOfTIQbJGXKnv9k/edit?usp=sharing

So I'm new to the Cobb AP but I've done some reading. This is what I think I know, correct me if I'm wrong please:

FBKC isn't as bad as FKL because FKL actually has the ECU reduce timing (which I think I see in the logs). If FKL doesn't disappear, the ECU tries to lower DAM correct? But my DAM is still 1.0 after around 4 pulls. Will the car permanently memorize the reduced timing settings from the FKL shown in this log? If I keep doing pulls, does this mean it will eventually/hopefully go away from the ECU learning or will this always be here? Wondering if it is safe for me to do more pulls. I know my DAM looks good, the AF Learning looks good, and boost is pretty close to target (14psi). I am running ACN91. I haven't tried Sport# yet.

:confused::confused::confused:

Edit: The three other pulls I did had zero knock but ended around 5200 RPM. I do see random FKBC -1.4 daily during regular driving.

#2 ·
Reset the ECU and do pulls, if you are still getting FBKL or FKC then the knock is real and you'll need a protune

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.