Hardwire Radar into BRZ - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Go Back   STI Forums > IWSTI Lounge > DIY Mods & Installations > Hardwire Radar into BRZ
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 11-02-12, 03:57 PM   #1
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Stig driver mod.
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jive Turkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hardwire Radar into BRZ

here is a quick and easy DIY to hardwire your radar into your BRZ. i know there is one already on this site, but this one is a bit simpler IMO.

to start get the right wireless connectors. blue ones were too big, as well as the on that came with the V-1.

anyway i wired it to the auto-dimming mirror the harness SHOULD be there even if you don't have the mirror as an accessory.

to get to it simply pull the dome light, it ISN'T screwed in and just pooped out. there are 4 metal clips that hold it in place just give it a nice tug. (i'm not responsible for you snapping anything)

then locate the harness. it will be on the right, and will consist of three wires. BLACK BLUE GREY. atleast thats what it was one mine.

you tap ground to the BLACK wire which is ground.

then you tap power to the GREY wire which was power.
the blue wire didn't get any power when i tested it.

then after you tap it just make sure to connect your radar to double check before you tuck everything up. it should be on in acc and on.

i mounted my radar in the top left corner and ran the wire along the headliner.

here is where i mounted it. out of the way but close enough to mute. also for radars to work effectively they HAVE TO BE MOUNTED HIGH with clear visibility and no obstructions. so mount carefully.

enjoy,

-ivan

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 11-02-12 at 08:56 PM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote