IW STi Forum banner

Hood Scoop and weather conditions !!!

22K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  ronin4hire 
#1 ·
Question.... I will be driving from Detroit to Chicago in my 2008 STi tomorrow , I looked at the weather conditions and I found out it is not going to be a pleasent ride... Snow, snow, and more snow... I'm kind of worried for the Hood Scoop and the snow entering into it, will it have any effect on the intercooler or the engine ....??? can someone please anwser my question, i'm really worried .... not only the snow but sometimes i'm worried driving in the rain ....

#25 ·
I haven't hear of an engine failure due to the snow either.

Living in snowy Canada, I have had it mess up the MAF and cause slight hesistation issues.

I can 100% confirm that snow can easily enter the air box. (especially when you are playing in it:D) The moisture causes the MAF to act up.

But seriously to the OP don't worry about it. Have fun during the snowy drive and see how many people you can freak out when you pass them drifto style:lol:

#26 ·
You are basically driving a rally car...almost. I would not worry about it. The owners guide needs to cover all the aspects of what could happen...it makes for good fire starting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.