Should you run fuel lines in series or parallel? - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Should you run fuel lines in series or parallel?
Should you run fuel lines in series or parallel?
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Should you run fuel lines in series or parallel?

Old Today, 09:02 AM   #11
revilingfool
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

revilingfool is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Should you run fuel lines in series or parallel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheyman View Post
What year is your STI?

Keeping paralleled lengths equal helps insure equal return volume, but to his might not matter. I do know from experience working with cooling water in instrumentation that line lengths will change pressure and volume of otherwise similar cooling paths. It will also help insure that if you have solved any resonance issues on one side the other is the same, and not on the verge of problems. That said our fuel lines are short and they shouldn't make much difference. There was a lot of trial and error going on in the past.

Subie shops, at least better ones understand the issues and can probably build decent systems without replacing rails or paralleling lines as Yamaha states.
you want anything that has to do with flow equidistant if possible. While im not well versed in fuel lines and such, this concept applies well to vacuum lines even. When doing custom supercharger setups and added computer boxes to add fuel for open loop, you want the lines the same length so it gets readings that are synched as close as possible. Then say run you boost gauge separate cause its such a long line.

Back on topic, if you run an overkill setup, think of how much extra fuel you will be circulating at idle and low load situations ; unless you put a heat exchanger in the return it will heat up and you will lose some power. probably negligible but food for thought.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 04:36 PM   #12
RocketRobin
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: British Racing Green
Fav Mod: Snow Tires
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RocketRobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should you run fuel lines in series or parallel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSGTS14 View Post
parallel for equal fuel distribution and pressure across each rail.
... and injector, because the fuel is an incompressible fluid until vaporised. Ergo, the pressure at each injector will remain exactly the same.

Note: this might not be true if you're using the diminutive Subi fuel rails and pump to power, say, a North Korean ICBM, because the designed flow rate might be too low
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement