Tires/Wheels 2018 Brembo Clearance - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2018 Brembo Clearance
2018 Brembo Clearance
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Tires/Wheels 2018 Brembo Clearance
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-17, 06:17 AM   #21
chigga
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 16 STi, 17 Outback
Fav Mod: Agency Power catback
My Threads
Posts: 121
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: GTA
chigga is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2018 Brembo Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX STIG View Post
Lucky Canada! I wonder if they still got the revised suspension modifications that were done for the 19" wheels?
Yes.

Subaru Canada is eccentric, but we have a base model STi that has no wing, sunroof, and older Enkei 18"s, probably for folks want to put all snows since lot of us daily drive our STi through winter.
chigga is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-18-17, 06:20 AM   #22
netherott
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: ISM 2018 STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
Posts: 10
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ottawa, ON
netherott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2018 Brembo Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigga View Post
Yes.

Subaru Canada is eccentric, but we have a base model STi that has no wing, sunroof, and older Enkei 18"s, probably for folks want to put all snows since lot of us daily drive our STi through winter.
The only thing that sucks about the base STI in Canada is the lack of any trunk deck spoiler. You need to get the top trim Sport-Tech model to have the option to delete the park bench and add the low-profile spoiler. Annoying.
netherott is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 06:35 AM   #23
TX STIG
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fav Mod: Corn On The Cobb
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Krum, TX
TX STIG is a jewel in the roughTX STIG is a jewel in the roughTX STIG is a jewel in the roughTX STIG is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2018 Brembo Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherott View Post
The only thing that sucks about the base STI in Canada is the lack of any trunk deck spoiler. You need to get the top trim Sport-Tech model to have the option to delete the park bench and add the low-profile spoiler. Annoying.
I took the park bench off my trunk, and so far I'm still really enjoying the look with no spoiler whatsoever.
__________________

"
This is a car for crazy peopleā€ - MotorTrend
Member Journal
TX STIG is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-18-17, 08:42 AM   #24
PureRedSTi
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Car: Pure Red 17 STi
Fav Mod: Bumper plugs
My Threads
Posts: 219
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Williams/Flagstaff/GC, AZ
PureRedSTi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2018 Brembo Clearance

hahaha 18" TE's cleared the 380mm Stoptechs on my M3. 18" barrels should clear the 340mm OEM front brembos on the new STi. Hell, the same TE's even cleared the 400mm 6pot brembos from the F10 M5 that I retrofitted for a short time
PureRedSTi is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 09:11 AM   #25
chigga
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 16 STi, 17 Outback
Fav Mod: Agency Power catback
My Threads
Posts: 121
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: GTA
chigga is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2018 Brembo Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRedSTi View Post
hahaha 18" TE's cleared the 380mm Stoptechs on my M3. 18" barrels should clear the 340mm OEM front brembos on the new STi. Hell, the same TE's even cleared the 400mm 6pot brembos from the F10 M5 that I retrofitted for a short time
Then you are probably well aware most of the issue is caliper offsets, BMW's tend to have very low offset on calipers, so it's easy to fit the wheels, M3's tend to run like 10" wide and ET20? give or take.

18x10 ET20 on this chassis would stick out like a sore thumb.

High offset wheels with high offset calipers = sucks at fitment.
chigga is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 09:46 AM   #26
GravyRobber
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: '17 STi
Fav Mod: Seat time
My Threads
Posts: 54
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Memphis
GravyRobber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2018 Brembo Clearance

That looks soooo much better with 18's.

Now I want to put 2018 6-pots on my '17 :-|
GravyRobber is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 10:16 AM   #27
PureRedSTi
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Car: Pure Red 17 STi
Fav Mod: Bumper plugs
My Threads
Posts: 219
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Williams/Flagstaff/GC, AZ
PureRedSTi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2018 Brembo Clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigga View Post
Then you are probably well aware most of the issue is caliper offsets, BMW's tend to have very low offset on calipers, so it's easy to fit the wheels, M3's tend to run like 10" wide and ET20? give or take.

18x10 ET20 on this chassis would stick out like a sore thumb.

High offset wheels with high offset calipers = sucks at fitment.
Yeah, but they cleared OEM 18's, which, IIRC are 18x8.5+29 in front. Nothing dissimilar to the current TE's I'm running on my STi at 18x9.5+40 (equivalent to 18x8.5+28).
PureRedSTi is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help? More

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Designed & Powered by Domain Architect