Engine 2018 STI New stuff in the car - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2018 STI New stuff in the car
2018 STI New stuff in the car
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Engine 2018 STI New stuff in the car

Old 07-19-17, 05:43 PM   #41
BriEE
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Diono Raiden RXT CarSeat
My Subaru Parts for sale

BriEE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2018 STI New stuff in the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
hmmm that's odd. I'd be willing to bet they are cast enkeis. Not sure why they just couldn't put the BBS forged 19" from the type RA, but in the old dark silver colour if they were adamant on 19". I guess switching to cast offsets costs in other areas like the 6-pots and larger discs.
It's so they can sell the RA, it's their way to make money on these cars.

Japanparts has the RA's BBS but in silver for a while, which are from the S207. So nothing new really.

The car actually costs about $1500 CAD more than last year so we're paying for the brakes/Recaro or whatever else they've added on.

Honestly, they should bring s207 over here and whatever is on the RA (minus the wing+carbon fiber) should be standard STI.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-17, 06:18 PM   #42
drummerboy
Contributor

Car: 17 STI SportTech WRB
Fav Mod: Tightening the nut behind the wheel
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

drummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEE View Post
It's so they can sell the RA, it's their way to make money on these cars.

Japanparts has the RA's BBS but in silver for a while, which are from the S207. So nothing new really.

The car actually costs about $1500 CAD more than last year so we're paying for the brakes/Recaro or whatever else they've added on.

Honestly, they should bring s207 over here and whatever is on the RA (minus the wing+carbon fiber) should be standard STI.
I think the RA would sell just fine if the S207 version wheels were standard on the regular 2018. I mean the hikari sold out up here and that was just all cosmetic.

I like the RA , but yeah everything mechanical on it should've been standard on the STI from 2015 on tbh. They could've come out with other things if they really wanted to bring a special edition. Like the 11:1 steering rack from previous RAs. The CF still, a twin scroll turbo and more powerful tune. The real recaros. More than 1 revised gear. Maybe all the extra STI suspension bits from STI's catalogue... oh well.

Edit: when I say real recaros I mean the sportster cs style in the S207.

Last edited by drummerboy; 07-19-17 at 06:23 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-19-17, 06:34 PM   #43
BriEE
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Diono Raiden RXT CarSeat
My Subaru Parts for sale

BriEE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think the RA would sell just fine if the S207 version wheels were standard on the regular 2018. I mean the hikari sold out up here and that was just all cosmetic.

I like the RA , but yeah everything mechanical on it should've been standard on the STI from 2015 on tbh. They could've come out with other things if they really wanted to bring a special edition. Like the 11:1 steering rack from previous RAs. The CF still, a twin scroll turbo and more powerful tune. The real recaros. More than 1 revised gear. Maybe all the extra STI suspension bits from STI's catalogue... oh well.

Edit: when I say real recaros I mean the sportster cs style in the S207.
What is the Recaro model name on the 2018 anyhow?

If you look closely though, the back portion of the S207 vs the 2018 (minus the adjustable headrest) it's similar, a bit wider on the 2018 but the bolsters are similar more or less, it's not a huge difference.

The seat portion is largely different in bolstering, not sure why they still give us this garbage bolster? It's tons better than 2008 STI I had, and even compared to my 15, the bolsters now on 2018 are firmer. Even if they are the same shape, the material is different inside.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-17, 06:49 PM   #44
drummerboy
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
What is the Recaro model name on the 2018 anyhow?

If you look closely though, the back portion of the S207 vs the 2018 (minus the adjustable headrest) it's similar, a bit wider on the 2018 but the bolsters are similar more or less, it's not a huge difference.

The seat portion is largely different in bolstering, not sure why they still give us this garbage bolster? It's tons better than 2008 STI I had, and even compared to my 15, the bolsters now on 2018 are firmer. Even if they are the same shape, the material is different inside.
It looks like a version of the Recaro Style model. Or at least that's the closest looking seatback style. The Style still has way better seat bottoms.

The thing is I don't have a problem with my seat back bolstering. It really is the thigh bolstering that's the problem... or should I say lack thereof. Its clearly geared for fat North Americans. My old 06 wrx had much better bolstering both thigh and seat back too, so I totally get what you're saying. Man I wish I took those seats with me... I should've... could've re-upholstered them and retrofitted it in my '17
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-19-17, 07:14 PM   #45
xrdriver
Contributor

Car: 2010 STi, 2015 STi
Fav Mod: 6th Gear
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

xrdriver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It looks like a version of the Recaro Style model. Or at least that's the closest looking seatback style. The Style still has way better seat bottoms.

The thing is I don't have a problem with my seat back bolstering. It really is the thigh bolstering that's the problem... or should I say lack thereof. Its clearly geared for fat North Americans. My old 06 wrx had much better bolstering both thigh and seat back too, so I totally get what you're saying. Man I wish I took those seats with me... I should've... could've re-upholstered them and retrofitted it in my '17
Are the RA seats going to be different than the 2018 STI? I ordered an RA and a big reason I wanted to trade in my 2015 was because of how uncomfortable I find the seats.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-19-17, 07:18 PM   #46
drummerboy
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrdriver View Post
Are the RA seats going to be different than the 2018 STI? I ordered an RA and a big reason I wanted to trade in my 2015 was because of how uncomfortable I find the seats.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Nope. Same as the 2018 recaros.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old Today, 07:20 AM   #47
n7plus1
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: '16 STI/'12 RDX
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

n7plus1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes much brighter, as bright as any DRL can be, like the Forester/Impreza ones, its the same thing.

No need for those morimoto C lights mods etc. Plus the turning headlights thing is cool, works good. And bi-LED high beams is good as well.
pretty sweet!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old Today, 01:01 PM   #48
joewrx628
Becoming An Advanced Contributor

Car: 11 STI
Fav Mod: Work Emotion Cr Kai
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

joewrx628 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dealer I work for just got one in stock. Moved it around the lot and sat in it, seats aren't that great if you're a smaller guy (32 waist). They dont seem to be much of an improvement for me but like i said im not a big guy so i need a seat with large bolstering.

The new interior looks great though!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement