IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018 STI Type RA

Thoughts/Review/Comparison 
76K views 544 replies 78 participants last post by  yamahaSHO 
#1 · (Edited)
June 1, 2017
Subaru of America Releases New Video Showcasing the Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Special
Cherry Hill, N.J. - Subaru of America, Inc. announced today the release of a new video of the Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Special. The car will attempt to set a new lap record for a four-door sedan at the famous Nürburgring race track later this summer. The video can be found on the Subaru of America YouTube channel. Stay tuned for information on the production Type RA coming on June 8th.

June 8, 2017
SUBARU DEBUTS LIMITED EDITION WRX STI TYPE RA and BRZ tS® WITH HIGHER PERFORMANCE FOR DRIVING ENTHUSIASTS

Cherry Hill, N.J. - Subaru of America, Inc. has announced two new performance models: the 2018 Subaru WRX STI Type RA and 2018 Subaru BRZ tS. Both are performance focused derivatives engineered by Subaru Tecnica International, Inc. specifically for driving enthusiasts. Each vehicle is limited to 500 units and vehicles will arrive at Subaru retailers in early 2018.
Press Release

July 21, 2017
Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Special Sets Sub-Seven Minute Nurburgring Lap
Lap time of 6:57.5 is fastest ever for a sedan
Nurburg, Germany - Subaru of America, Inc. announced today that the Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Special set a new lap record for a four-door sedan at the famous 12.8-mile Nürburgring Nordschleife race track, achieving a time of 6:57.5. A video will be released shortly. The time was achieved using the Nurburgring timing equipment and was officially verified by track officials.

Press Release

It will be interesting to see what Subaru has up their sleeve for the production model! I canceled my '18 STi order pending model details.

See less See more
#3 ·
Theres STi Type RA coming out this month:
It will have new Bilstein dampers and an otherwise upgraded suspension, a carbon fiber rear spoiler, a carbon fiber roof, 19-inch forged BBS wheels painted gold, Recaro seats, and some mix of “gearing and engine upgrades."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.