Other Tracks where STI is fast - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Tracks where STI is fast
Tracks where STI is fast
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Other Tracks where STI is fast
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Tracks where STI is fast
Tracks where STI is fast
Tracks where STI is fast
Tracks where STI is fast
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 05-19-17, 10:38 AM   #31
tylerlieberman
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Seat Time
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerlieberman has a spectacular aura abouttylerlieberman has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tracks where STI is fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjq001 View Post
What's the point? Did I mention anything about lap time?
Hold on, lemme check...

Quote:
You are the ones who are sitting at home, talking about lap times. I'm sorry I haven't got the lap time yet. The last 2 seconds is extremely difficult.
Quote:
see attached below. My lap times at buttonwillow with old rs3/z2.
I said I could probably run 2:01 consistently with same stock car and 08r/rs3/z2 but as you've noticed it takes time.
What do you want me to say?
Quote:
I'll test my mishimoto oil cooler+koyo radiator setup 2 weeks later.
Theoretically it should be working well for my 300hp stock power. Maybe I'd be a few tenths of second faster due to much lower oil/coolant temp.

If I don't modify cooling system, I'm wasting money on track days. I only could run morning sessions below 77F.
Quote:
Water temp started to climb after 3/4 laps. I was running low 2:03 those days(old rs3). I didn't remember STI would overheat with 82F. I remember when I was running 205, the car was fine.
Quote:
I've tried one set. 71r is significantly faster. It might be whole 2 sec faster using 71r.
My target is to get the limit of my stock car not to set a specific lap time.
Quote:
Recently I find out it's extremely hard to get a limit lap time for the following reason:
1. Turn-in feels nose heavy.
2. Mid-corner sometimes behaves like a FR(over),sometimes like a FF(under). It's unpredictable in some way.
Quote:
c

Just got 2'03 last Sunday!(see attached below)
Getting close to lap record at Buttonwillow cw13. I think Sti could get to 2'01 with street tire.only need less than 2sec....

I'll try 71r after zii, hoping reach sub 2min with "cheater tire"(r-compound)
Quote:
i haven't heard any one yet as for vaf Sti.
And vaf Sti is almost 1.5second faster than grf.
Quote:
I'm doing it just for lap time and will upload it to fastlaptimes.com with video.
^^Still waiting for that video

Quote:
I've heard of it but never run with Speedventure.
I agree with you. I also don't like cars in speedsf advance1(i was in advance 1 two weeks ago) they were just way too aggressive. As you can see in my 1st floor, I never push hard every lap just like:
2'16
2'04
2'20
2'03
Quote:
My friend driving a s2000 just spent 30 days on track this year(one year!) and he's still 3 seconds away from limit. I spent 14 track days this year and only 1 second away from the very limit(buttonwillow). Actually he has better track driving skill than me.
l
Quote:
The 14th is me. Most of the rest are driven by roadandtrack or caranddriver magazine.
Just reached 2:02.4 last time, I haven't turned it in to fastlaptimes.com yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjq001;4292066[B
]Harry lap timer without GPS receiver is very accurate but sometimes 0.1sec slower.[/B] You could just buy a external 10hz GPS receiver(140usd).

100% stock Sti with cup2 or re71r can do 1:59 at buttonwillow and that's my goal. I'm not fast enough and still practicing a lot...that's why I keep using street tires.
I mean.... I can keep going. Every thread you've created has been on the topic of lap times.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 10:40 AM   #32
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud of

Also, I've seen your type before. There was a guy on the SHO Forum years ago that was similar in ways and we all gave him shit; I treated him no different than I am treating your threads. After awhile, he came around and now he has the fastest recorded Taurus SHO in the 1/4 mile for NA, N2O, and boost (including the current versions), and now is building to compete in the World Cup Finals. And I've been his tuner and ear of advice the entire time. I do know a little bit about making cars do things.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 08:29 PM   #33
tastetickles
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2013 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Nut behind wheel
My Subaru Parts for sale

tastetickles will become famous soon enoughtastetickles will become famous soon enough

Hi guys I'm the 4th fastest GR sti driver on the Nurburgring. You can check this by googling and count from the top to 4th sti but my sti is modded though, I run linglong tires and I have mudflaps (these are mods too). I haven't got footage yet coz ummmm..... errrr...... my dog swallowed my phone when I was installing Waze app as my GPS tracker, haven't got money for the real deal yet coz u know the linglong are costing me a bomb. You know what they say tires make all the difference.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 08:40 PM   #34
Discobob
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: WRB 09 STI Hatch
Fav Mod: 2015 steering rack:)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Discobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastetickles View Post
Hi guys I'm the 4th fastest GR sti driver on the Nurburgring. You can check this by googling and count from the top to 4th sti but my sti is modded though, I run linglong tires and I have mudflaps (these are mods too). I haven't got footage yet coz ummmm..... errrr...... my dog swallowed my phone when I was installing Waze app as my GPS tracker, haven't got money for the real deal yet coz u know the linglong are costing me a bomb. You know what they say tires make all the difference.

What kind of mudflaps you runnin tickles?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 08:42 PM   #35
tastetickles
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2013 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Nut behind wheel
My Subaru Parts for sale

tastetickles will become famous soon enoughtastetickles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discobob View Post
What kind of mudflaps you runnin tickles?
Just rallyarmor black with red font. Missed the chance to support the cancer research pink ones.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 08:57 PM   #36
Discobob
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: WRB 09 STI Hatch
Fav Mod: 2015 steering rack:)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Discobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastetickles View Post
Just rallyarmor black with red font. Missed the chance to support the cancer research pink ones.

Dammit didn't even know they made them.....was gonna pay the extra 75 bucks for the pink plates here in CO to support my mums but after finding out the 75extra bucks goes nowhere near supporting the cause I opted out. I go to the race for the cure yearly to support now

Awwww man this derail may work........nice

Have a good weekend fellas!!!!!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 10:25 PM   #37
z34david
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: 17' CWP STI
Fav Mod: Driver Mod
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

z34david is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
No, classing is a good way to compare.

I don't get it either and I think the OP is a bit of an odd one. Ultimately if you want to prove what a car can do in stock form, find a better driver.

OP, I can point you to one in your area who is now a Vehicle Dynamics Engineer at Tesla. I'm sure I can get him to show you a fast lap or two at some point (if you don't run into him at some event prior), which is really how he got his job at Tesla... Making cars run fast, and then driving them faster than nearly everyone else.
Does he get paid, or is he being slaved like the rest of the engineers at tesla
Likes 0 Dislikes 0