Engine Stage 1 tuning - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Stage 1 tuning
Stage 1 tuning
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Engine Stage 1 tuning
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Stage 1 tuning
Stage 1 tuning
Stage 1 tuning
Stage 1 tuning
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 05-18-17, 04:16 AM   #11
lower_thresh
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 15 STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lower_thresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stage 1 tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivatedtuna
Plus, people start having issues once they go stage 1 anyways. Why risk it? Keep it under warranty, get a new engine.. break it in and then tune it, atleast, that's what I'm planning to do if my engine decides to take a dump.
To each their own though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree! Everything is great until you run into an issue. I had a permanent cel pop up after flashing stage 3 ots map, and had to get the ecu replaced. Luckily i was honest and they did it under warranty. Just something to think about if you're going just with a stage 1 map, because weird issues do pop up. Many people have no problems, but i did...Car is doing great now tho. lol

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-18-17, 03:59 PM   #12
nightdown fox
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: '15 Launch Edition
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

nightdown fox is on a distinguished road

BrenTuning FTW.

Op, I was in your shoes... I've owned multiple Mazdaspeeds and WRXs, multiple stages. This car was the first one that I was satisfied with the stock performance and decided to "keep it stock". Annnd bearing 3 went just over 36,000 miles and engine was replaced by Subaru. Car is a daily driver and I just don't need Stage 2+. I had an early version of the OTS map wayyy back in 2014 for about 300 miles and just wasn't impressed, so I unmarried and sold the AP.

After the engine went... I mainly wanted a tune that wouldn't lean out like the stock tune, and something that I could keep an eye on, so I bought another AP. Decided to do an e-tune since the tuners in my area (major Baltimore area tuners, do the math) were reluctant with pro tuning a stock car and wanted me to do Stage 2.

Saw that BrenTuning thread and contacted them, and I can say without a doubt their Stage 1 etune is 100% worth it. The car feels better, there's no knock readings, I'm getting about 1 mpg in average, and the added torque pull is a very nicely added bonus. That thread they posted is truth.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-18-17, 08:46 PM   #13
Miruguy
Contributor

Car: SPW 09 WRX Sti
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Miruguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdown fox View Post
BrenTuning FTW.

Op, I was in your shoes... I've owned multiple Mazdaspeeds and WRXs, multiple stages. This car was the first one that I was satisfied with the stock performance and decided to "keep it stock". Annnd bearing 3 went just over 36,000 miles and engine was replaced by Subaru. Car is a daily driver and I just don't need Stage 2+. I had an early version of the OTS map wayyy back in 2014 for about 300 miles and just wasn't impressed, so I unmarried and sold the AP.

After the engine went... I mainly wanted a tune that wouldn't lean out like the stock tune, and something that I could keep an eye on, so I bought another AP. Decided to do an e-tune since the tuners in my area (major Baltimore area tuners, do the math) were reluctant with pro tuning a stock car and wanted me to do Stage 2.

Saw that BrenTuning thread and contacted them, and I can say without a doubt their Stage 1 etune is 100% worth it. The car feels better, there's no knock readings, I'm getting about 1 mpg in average, and the added torque pull is a very nicely added bonus. That thread they posted is truth.

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely look into this. Problems with these cars is that there are so many options. Stage 1, stage 1+, Stage 2, protunes, etunes. Decisions decisions LOL
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-17, 07:44 AM   #14
BrenTuning
Authorized Vendor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BrenTuning will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdown fox View Post
BrenTuning FTW.

Thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruguy View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely look into this. Problems with these cars is that there are so many options. Stage 1, stage 1+, Stage 2, protunes, etunes. Decisions decisions LOL
I mean it just comes down to what kind of budget you want to work with. The nice thing about e-tuning is that I can discount future tuning/parts purchases if you want more power down the road and it's not as cost prohibitive as dyno tuning. This allows the cost to be affordable going stage 1, then intake, then exhaust etc etc. The sky is the limit with these cars as you know, with proven modification paths and solid tuning, you can make the car more reliable than stock with substantially more power .

Happy to answer any questions.

Chris

Cobb Certified ProTuner
Web: Brentuning.com
Webstore: Store.brentuning.com
Phone: 508-762-1769
Email: Sales@BrenTuning.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/brentuning
Instagram: @Brentuning
Address:138 Milford St, Upton, MA
Likes 0 Dislikes 0