Other Help! No DAM... 0.00... - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Other Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 04-19-17, 08:41 PM   #1
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 15' sti launch
Fav Mod: Booger collection under seat!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

2stroke800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! No DAM... 0.00...

Ok soo.... i am new to subaru's, and also to turbos in general. I just bought a lightly used 9000 mile, 2015 sti launch edition. The car is not stock and came to me with a cobb cold air intake, which was missing the airbox part of the kit. And also had a invidia catback exhaust. Then it also had a random mystery cobb tune on it that we couldnt identify because the AP was missing. One of the local cobb protuners here in town was pretty certain it was a "stage 2 +" kit that someone removed the downpipe, and airbox from and obviously didnt leave the AP with the car. Soo from the local protuners reccomendation i ordered a invidia downpipe, cobb airbox and cobb v3 AP. Installed the airbox, and downpipe today and also installed the closest tune to my setup, which is the stage 2 91 octane ots tune. They do not have any stage 2+ tunes on my AP. I drove the car around for a bit and it runs "good" but seems like it doesnt have the same grunt that it did before. Before it would snap my head back where now it still sets ya back in the seat, but isnt nearly as "strong" as it was before installing everything. And it also doesnt spool up nearly as fast as it did before. And on my AP there is a lot of fine knock detection going on and my dam reads 0.00. Anybody have a clue?!? Any help would be great! I have pics of my ap readings but they are too large to upload onto here. I was also data logging while driving but havnt downloaded the program to load it to my laptop yet...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-19-17, 09:05 PM   #2
tastetickles
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2013 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Nut behind wheel
My Subaru Parts for sale

tastetickles will become famous soon enoughtastetickles will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help! No DAM... 0.00...

1. U bought a modded sti with a tune on it that works fine?

2. You managed to marry a new AP with the car that still has an old Cobb tune on it? You sure the existing tune is Cobb and not open sourced?

3. Did you get the protune from the Pro tuners that recommended your new mod?

4. Stay off boost or don't drive at all until you get a protune

5. Dig deep into your wallet, you might need it soon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-19-17, 10:09 PM   #3
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastetickles View Post
1. U bought a modded sti with a tune on it that works fine?

2. You managed to marry a new AP with the car that still has an old Cobb tune on it? You sure the existing tune is Cobb and not open sourced?

3. Did you get the protune from the Pro tuners that recommended your new mod?

4. Stay off boost or don't drive at all until you get a protune

5. Dig deep into your wallet, you might need it soon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
1.. i bought a modded car that had aftermarket parts that were clearly missing when i got it. I can say yes it had a cobb tune that worked "fine", but in reality it was a mystery cobb tune that we had no access to because we didnt have the ap that was married to the car. And being this is still a somewhat "new" car with low miles, i want to fix this shit now before something drastic does happen.

2.. yes, i married a new ap to the car. When i hooked up my new ap, i didnt have to install it, it automaticially detected it, but it made me uninstall the mystery cobb tune that was married to the car before i could do anything. Then i selected the 91 stage 2 tune as it was closest to my setup and because obviously i need some sort of tune on the car.

3.. did i get the protune? No, not yet. I plan to soon, but at the moment i am a lil short on funds being i just bought a new downpipe, ap, airbox and filter for the thing.. and also fyi the shop with the dyno is an hour drive away and quality tune/work isnt always cheap.

4.. this is why i am on here asking, because the shop for my new tune was closed already and i wasnt sure if i should be driving it or not this way. It is my only vehicle and i need it to get to work also.

5.. i am trying to aviod something that makes me dig deep into my wallet. And if i need to pay for a protune tomorrow, i guess ill bite that bullet. But my main concern is not burning down a new car. Hence the reason i jumped on here and started asking stupid questions....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 02:49 AM   #4
portuguese18
Becoming A Contributor

Car: Silver 15 wrx sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

portuguese18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to suggest for you to install the stock filter but you don't have it, so remove downpipe and just run the intake with appropriate map.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 03:42 AM   #5
Watson
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 2016 Limited LBP
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Watson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by portuguese18 View Post
I was going to suggest for you to install the stock filter but you don't have it, so remove downpipe and just run the intake with appropriate map.
+1

Cobb doesn't offer an OTS tune for intake plus [Cobb] downpipe, let alone a different manufacturer's. I'd go with portuguese18's advice until you can get a protune for intake plus DP. And if the tuner you are in touch with suggested you do what you did....I'd look for another one. Running stage 2 OTS with what you have installed could cause major engine damage.

Also I think that you can run the Cobb intake just fine with or without the air box.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 06:15 AM   #6
roller
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: sti
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

roller is an unknown quantity at this point

The cobb map for dp and filter is the stage 3 and has fuel mods to support the extra air flow. You might want to check and see if.your fuel system is stock. You might have upgraded injectors, pump, etc. Stage 2 ots works fine with invidia dp. I run this on my car and all logs and wideband data look great. You may consider getting a wideband O2 gauge and seeing for yourself how the tune is. If stage 2 ots isnt satisfactory you cam always unmarry the AP and it should reload the original map the car came with. Wideband O2 will help determine if that tune was safe.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 06:53 AM   #7
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
+1
And if the tuner you are in touch with suggested you do what you did....I'd look for another one.
I did everything my tuner reccomended except the stage 2 map. He instructed me to install the stage 2 + map (until i can get the car on his dyno) which my access port does not have on it. And thats why i went with the closest map i had to that. From the info i dug up last nite, it seems just a few months ago cobb did have a stage 2+ map. But now it is nowhere to be found. The tuner i am dealing with is very well known in ak and is the only one up here with a awd dyno. I will be contacting them as soon as they open today...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 06:58 AM   #8
Watson
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 2016 Limited LBP
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Watson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroke800 View Post
I did everything my tuner reccomended except the stage 2 map. He instructed me to install the stage 2 + map (until i can get the car on his dyno) which my access port does not have on it. And thats why i went with the closest map i had to that. From the info i dug up last nite, it seems just a few months ago cobb did have a stage 2+ map. But now it is nowhere to be found. The tuner i am dealing with is very well known in ak and is the only one up here with a awd dyno. I will be contacting them as soon as they open today...
For the 2015+ models Cobb doesn't provide a stage 2+ map due to supposed fueling issues with that setup and no upgraded injectors.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 06:58 AM   #9
Leemanfor
Silver Member

Car: 2012 Satin White STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor is on a distinguished road

when my DAM dropped to 0. I had to spend $3000 on a forged shortblock.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 07:26 AM   #10
BrenTuning
Authorized Vendor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BrenTuning will become famous soon enough

Okay to clear a few things up:

There is no OTS map available for DP + Intake on the 15+ STi. Can do intake only (Stage 1 + SF) or stage 2, which requires the stock intake. Running any modifications outside of Cobb's specific parameters can potentially lead to issue including engine failure. If you are in Alaska, you should only have access to 90 octane which is very low quality to begin with. Add to the fact that you are running an SF intake without the proper mapping and you're asking for a cracked piston. Get the car etuned or dyno tuned immediately and do not drive the car hard AT ALL in the mean time.

Chris

Cobb Certified ProTuner
Web: Brentuning.com
Webstore: Store.brentuning.com
Phone: 508-762-1769
Email: Sales@BrenTuning.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/brentuning
Instagram: @Brentuning
Address:138 Milford St, Upton, MA
Likes 4 Dislikes 0