Other Help! No DAM... 0.00... - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Other Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 04-22-17, 11:24 PM   #21
tastetickles
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2013 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Nut behind wheel
My Subaru Parts for sale

tastetickles will become famous soon enoughtastetickles will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help! No DAM... 0.00...

I asked my first question not to make OP feel worse about his situation, at least that wasn't my intention. I asked because as far as i know if his car was reverted to stock hardware and the original owner sold his parts, the last owner would have unmarry the Cobb AP and sold it separately and this car would be back to stock tune most likely. So the mystery tune is OEM tune?

If there is a AP tune on the car, it would be possible to flash another tune from another AP on it? As i understand you can't do that unless the previous AP is unmarried or have Cobb reset the ECU at extra cost. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-23-17, 04:54 AM   #22
Watson
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 2016 Limited LBP
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Watson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastetickles View Post
I asked my first question not to make OP feel worse about his situation, at least that wasn't my intention. I asked because as far as i know if his car was reverted to stock hardware and the original owner sold his parts, the last owner would have unmarry the Cobb AP and sold it separately and this car would be back to stock tune most likely. So the mystery tune is OEM tune?

If there is a AP tune on the car, it would be possible to flash another tune from another AP on it? As i understand you can't do that unless the previous AP is unmarried or have Cobb reset the ECU at extra cost. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That was my understanding as well.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-23-17, 10:28 AM   #23
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 15' sti launch
Fav Mod: Booger collection under seat!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

2stroke800 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastetickles View Post

The mystery tune was a cobb tune, but thats all we could tell. It was not the oem tune.. and being the car was originally from arizona with stage 2+ parts, i am "guessing" it was a cobb 93/94 octane stage 2+ tune. But in reality since the ap was missing when i got the car, there was no way to tell what the cobb tune was. Im not sure if the original owner just forgot to unmarry the ap when he kept it, or if someone at the dealership stole the ap not knowing its married to the car and unusable, or what the missing ap story was. All i know is the ap was gone and when we hooked up the comp to it, only info we could get was there is some sort of cobb ots tune on it.

As far as marrying an ap to a car, (and take this as just my experience because its what i did) once you have a cobb ap "married" to your car, its the "tune" that is married to your car and not the "ap" itsself. When i plugged my new ap into the car, the car automaticially detected the ap, and i did NOT have to install the ap or "marry" it to the car. But it DID make me uninstall or "unmarry aka divorce" whatever mystery cobb tune was on the car and install a new tune from the new ap before i could do anything else with the new ap. Hope this helps clarify the marrying relationship between a ap/tune/car. Or in my experience at least..
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-23-17, 11:02 AM   #24
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 15' sti launch
Fav Mod: Booger collection under seat!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

2stroke800 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by z34david View Post
Well to add to my "dbag" schematic, it's clueless dummies like you that do dummie things then come crying that you blew your motor, also what kind of tuner who tunes with Cobb doesn't know a simple thing as this "My tuner didnt know that cobb took this tune off the ap's and also their website soo i dont fault them at all"

Sorry but your tuner is an idiot,

Anyways I'm glad he got it up and running for you, I'd suggest a new tuner and also doing a bit more research before modding your car.

CHEERS,

sincerely a "douchebag" on the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already admitted i was a clueless dummy when it comes to subi's. I did that in the first post... good you are paying attention but this clueless dummy is trying to resolve a problem that a previous dummy left me in. Had i known the exact state of this sti before buying it, i wouldnt of bought it.. And if anything, i think this here clueless dummy deserves a little credit for not burning down his new car, when the dealership sold him a car that was very well in a state that could have grenaded itsself if i would have just jumped in it and rallied the shiit outta it for 2 months til it grenaded. But, instead, i brought home a car, did some research on what had been done to it, and realised i could have a very serious and expensive situation on my hands. Then proceeded to take action to resolve said situation. 99% of clueless dummies would jump in and rally the crap out of it til kaaboom!

And as far as my tuner being an idiot? You sound like the idiot for calling someone you have zero experience with an idiot... is he a dealer for cobb? Yep.. does he deal with their product all day every day? Nope, sure doesnt. He builds protunes for people and rarely uses ots tunes for anything more than a temporary solution. And thats all a stage 2+ ots tune would have done for me. Give me a temporary solution to drive the car to work for 2 weeks til i can get it on his dyno for a protune since he is booked out over 2 weeks. Being he is booked out weeks in advance, he must not be too much of an idiot... and ill say it again, i dont fault my tuner at all for not knowing there is nolonger a cobb stage 2+ ots tune available. Cobb only recently pulled it, and i would bet that there is a good amount of their tuners that dont know its "missing" yet. If it was something my tuner used daily, then maybe... but in my case, ill continue to use my tuner with no worries at all. Afterall, he is the guy that has kept me from blowing up this situation i unknowingly bought into.

Thanks again for all the words of wisdom tho, you were a much needed help!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0