Other Help! No DAM... 0.00... - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Help! No DAM... 0.00...
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Other Help! No DAM... 0.00...

Old 04-20-17, 10:13 AM   #11
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 15' sti launch
Fav Mod: Booger collection under seat!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

2stroke800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! No DAM... 0.00...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrenTuning View Post
Okay to clear a few things up:

There is no OTS map available for DP + Intake on the 15+ STi. Can do intake only (Stage 1 + SF) or stage 2, which requires the stock intake. Running any modifications outside of Cobb's specific parameters can potentially lead to issue including engine failure. If you are in Alaska, you should only have access to 90 octane which is very low quality to begin with. Add to the fact that you are running an SF intake without the proper mapping and you're asking for a cracked piston. Get the car etuned or dyno tuned immediately and do not drive the car hard AT ALL in the mean time.

Chris

Thanks for the info! Yea, ak only has 90 octane crap gas. I have been premixing a bit of racefuel to bump it above the 91. But with the original mystery cobb tune, i had no idea what octane it was tuned for and that is one of the reasons i wanted to fix my situation from the beginning. The car was brought up from arizona, a military guy brought it up and didnt like it in the winter so he traded it for a new raptor. But pulled parts off before trading it.. and i sold my raptor and bought this. Weird how some things work out..

Car is at the tuner now and will be thoroughly checked out. Hopefully this doesnt get too expensive..
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-17, 12:28 PM   #12
Jesse_M
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: IG: elevated.aerial
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jesse_M is a jewel in the roughJesse_M is a jewel in the roughJesse_M is a jewel in the rough

That sucks man! There is good reason why many (myself included) will never buy a used STi. Sadly too many owners use and abuse, mod and un-mod inappropriately.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 01:36 PM   #13
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I feel the same way, there are many used sti's for sale in this town. Most having at least 35000 miles on them if not a lot more.. And i knew i didnt want one of them. I had planned to order a new 2018 sti, but found this one with "low" miles and thought well thats almost new. If i would have known then, what i know now, i would have waited and ordered an 18'.... live and learn i guess...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-17, 02:05 PM   #14
z34david
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: 17' CWP STI
Fav Mod: Driver Mod
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

z34david is on a distinguished road

So let me get this, you bought a used STI that was MODDED ( already should ring bells to take it in to a reputable shop) then decided it would be smart to buy a downpipe and neglect the tune situation until you have funds.... CMON MAN!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 05:52 PM   #15
prozach626
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: WRB 2015 STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

prozach626 is on a distinguished road

^He explained his situation and admitted he didn't really know what he was doing. That's why he's on here asking questions. Obviously, he can't go back now. He's trying to fix the situation, which is why he is on here trying to get information. No need to rub it in.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 07:17 PM   #16
2stroke800
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Angry Re: Help! No DAM... 0.00...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z34david View Post
So let me get this, you bought a used STI that was MODDED ( already should ring bells to take it in to a reputable shop) then decided it would be smart to buy a downpipe and neglect the tune situation until you have funds.... CMON MAN!
I bought a used sti that from what i could tell was "lightly" modified with low miles. But after getting it home, spending a lot more time going thru the car and figuring out what all had been done to it, then finding out half of those parts had then been removed, with whatever mystery cobb tune the previously owner had on the car still on the car, i knew i had a serious problem that needed to be addressed sooner than later. Then mix in all the bs i read on sites like this, and i wanted to make damn sure i wasnt hurting the car. Thats when i bought the parts that i was told to purchase from a reputable tune shop to get it back to where it was. And if my new cobb ap would have come with the stage 2+ tune that 3 months ago they had available, i could have used it and been ok driving it for the 2 weeks til i get on the dyno for my protune. My tuner didnt know that cobb took this tune off the ap's and also their website soo i dont fault them at all for giving me the advice they did.

As far as "neglecting a tune" i wasnt really trying to "neglect" a tune due to "funds". I was trying to resolve the situation asap with a ots tune til i could get my car to the tuner. They are booked out a couple weeks anyway, and a cobb stage 2+ tune would have let me drive the car til i could get it in the shop. Which also woulda worked out cause i woulda had another paycheck to pay for the protune that isnt exactly cheap. I am not a complete idiot, and do have a small amount of common sense rattling around in here somewhere. Thats why as soon as i finally had a ap hooked up and saw a DAM reading of 0.00, i shut the car down and didnt move it til i heard otherwise. But its good dbags like you are on here to just add useless info thanks for that! Way to make a new member feel welcome!! People like you are the reason most people dont even get on forums any more....

An update on the car, situation is resolved, tuners worked their magic, did lots of tests and car is not injured. Great news there!! Dodged that expensive bullet... tuner is squeezing me in and my car will be on the dyno next fri for its protune and then i can spank on it all i want. To those that actually gave me some decent info, thanks to you!! To the tool boxes that only get on forums to act like dbags, feel free to return to your place in the corner and continue to play with yourselves. And now back to your scheduled programming....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 07:45 PM   #17
motivatedtuna
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: Nameless muffler delete
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

motivatedtuna is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a previously modded and tuned STI with 11k miles. Been over 1.5k miles now and no issues. Loving it. Hope you get your car tidied up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-17, 08:08 PM   #18
TheLegend
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: WRB 09 WRX STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

TheLegend will become famous soon enough

Glad everything is resolved with your car and no lasting damage was done.

I don't think buying a modded STI is an issue as long as you know what was done and everything was done well with receipts to prove it. Issue comes when your buying an STI that's partly reverted back to stock without a proper tune or you buy an STI someone traded it cause they already cracked their ringlands.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-21-17, 03:34 AM   #19
da3m0n75
Becoming A Contributor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

da3m0n75 is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll have to let us know how it runs after the tuner is done with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-22-17, 07:07 PM   #20
z34david
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: 17' CWP STI
Fav Mod: Driver Mod
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

z34david is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroke800 View Post
I bought a used sti that from what i could tell was "lightly" modified with low miles. But after getting it home, spending a lot more time going thru the car and figuring out what all had been done to it, then finding out half of those parts had then been removed, with whatever mystery cobb tune the previously owner had on the car still on the car, i knew i had a serious problem that needed to be addressed sooner than later. Then mix in all the bs i read on sites like this, and i wanted to make damn sure i wasnt hurting the car. Thats when i bought the parts that i was told to purchase from a reputable tune shop to get it back to where it was. And if my new cobb ap would have come with the stage 2+ tune that 3 months ago they had available, i could have used it and been ok driving it for the 2 weeks til i get on the dyno for my protune. My tuner didnt know that cobb took this tune off the ap's and also their website soo i dont fault them at all for giving me the advice they did.

As far as "neglecting a tune" i wasnt really trying to "neglect" a tune due to "funds". I was trying to resolve the situation asap with a ots tune til i could get my car to the tuner. They are booked out a couple weeks anyway, and a cobb stage 2+ tune would have let me drive the car til i could get it in the shop. Which also woulda worked out cause i woulda had another paycheck to pay for the protune that isnt exactly cheap. I am not a complete idiot, and do have a small amount of common sense rattling around in here somewhere. Thats why as soon as i finally had a ap hooked up and saw a DAM reading of 0.00, i shut the car down and didnt move it til i heard otherwise. But its good dbags like you are on here to just add useless info thanks for that! Way to make a new member feel welcome!! People like you are the reason most people dont even get on forums any more....

An update on the car, situation is resolved, tuners worked their magic, did lots of tests and car is not injured. Great news there!! Dodged that expensive bullet... tuner is squeezing me in and my car will be on the dyno next fri for its protune and then i can spank on it all i want. To those that actually gave me some decent info, thanks to you!! To the tool boxes that only get on forums to act like dbags, feel free to return to your place in the corner and continue to play with yourselves. And now back to your scheduled programming....

Well to add to my "dbag" schematic, it's clueless dummies like you that do dummie things then come crying that you blew your motor, also what kind of tuner who tunes with Cobb doesn't know a simple thing as this "My tuner didnt know that cobb took this tune off the ap's and also their website soo i dont fault them at all"

Sorry but your tuner is an idiot,

Anyways I'm glad he got it up and running for you, I'd suggest a new tuner and also doing a bit more research before modding your car.

CHEERS,

sincerely a "douchebag" on the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement