IW STi Forum banner

Pandora acting wierd- 16 STi w/ Harmon Kardon

Interior 
4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  16CWPSTI 
#1 ·
So ive had my 2016 STi for almost a year now and have 26k on it. Ive ALWAYS listened to Pandora via bluetooth since day 1 (I dont like newer music and we have shit stations here in NJ). Ive never ever had issues with Pandora itself, only the dreaded bluetooth would randomly disconnect issue which actually only happened like 2-3 times. Now when connecting to Pandora I get a blank station list. The up and down arrows on the right flash in rhythm to the song (lol). If I close Pandora and open it again the station list will come up but it will be stuck on one station. Its really weird. Ive tried un installing and re installing Pandora. Ive tried un pairing and re pairing the phone. And ive tried unhooking the car battery for over 10 mins. Nothing works. Could this be a head unit issue? Pandora works perfectly fine on my phone.

#14 ·
I think it has something to do with the update and it's compatibility with our cars. Not sure what the fix is if any. Check your phone to see if you got the recent Android update. Check if Android version is 7.X which is Nougat for Android. Most US carriers have been pushing this update in the last couple of months and recent weeks. For example I use Samsung on Verizon. Verizon released the update within the last 3-4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Mine will automatically start Pandora if I plug the phone into the USB, I actually have a lot more functionality this way such as being able to like/dislike songs right from the head unit. I'm running an iPhone though so you may have this over bluetooth as well on Android. I wonder if you try plugging in through the USB if it will somehow jump start something to correct this. Just an idea.

#20 ·
took me awhile to get ahold of it... would always do wierd stuff - iphone

at first.... i noticed it would have a hard time connecting to pandora if the app wasnt already open on my phone. sometimes it wouldnt connect at all. over time, i just kept using the USB and opening the app first and it seemed to maybe "learn" my phone maybe, cuz it eventually started to work just fine. havent had any issues in a long time - but ya, it did take some time to get here.

majority of time i use USB... but bluetooth works fine now too. if i plug my phone in when i get in my car, the radio automatically loads pandora without me even asking - kinda annoying sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.