Suspension/Stiffening 2015 STi Sway bars - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2015 STi Sway bars
2015 STi Sway bars
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Suspension/Stiffening 2015 STi Sway bars
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
2015 STi Sway bars
2015 STi Sway bars
2015 STi Sway bars
2015 STi Sway bars
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 02-18-17, 04:44 AM   #11
lower_thresh
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 15 STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lower_thresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2015 STi Sway bars

Went with Super pro, was really happy. Theres a lot of informative posts by Cygnus, if you just search through the forums.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-18-17, 02:22 PM   #12
roller
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

roller is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the RCE front and rear combo kit that has 25.5mm bars both. It was priced really nice at the time, around 475 sourced through a local speed shop. Ive been really impressed with all of the RCE gear ive purchased in the past so I went with them. There are tons of options out there especially when you consider all the different end link options. It gets overwhelming when you try to decide what setup to go with. There are some really great companies that make excellent gear. Swaybars are pretty simple to make yet ive seen some really bad ones. A little research goes a long way.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #13
CygnusPerformance
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 148 reviews

Car: 13PBP STi, 07STi LTD
Fav Mod: Super Pro Duroball LCA Bushings, Cygnus Performance X-1 Coilovers & Tactrix Openport 2.0
My Subaru Parts for sale

CygnusPerformance will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by da3m0n75 View Post
I'm considering putting front and rear sway bars and end links on my 2015 STi. Before I do I was looking for any opinions on brands that others have used and any pros/cons of doing such a mod. So anyone that has any opinions on the topic I would love to hear a friendly discussion on them!
Here is a link to a thread that I think you may find helpful:

22 vs 24 mm rear sway bar on stock suspension

As I mentioned here I think that for most street driven 2015 through 2017 STi's just upgrading the rear bar is enough. The front bar is very stiff from the factory, and a bar that is too stiff can actually be counterproductive in some cases. My recommendation for most 15+ owners is to simply upgrade the rear bar, upgrade end links for both the front and rear and upgrade the D bushings on the front bar to help everything work together. Without upgrading these things in the front the rear bar will react more quickly while the factory soft bushings and flexible endlinks in the front move around before the front bar can do its job. This makes handling less predictable and also makes the bias front-to-rear change somewhat as you go through a corner. I do have a lot of customers who call us that have spoken with other shops that have recommended upgrading both bars. I am certainly happy to sell more parts (which is what I suspect a lot of shops that recommend both front and rear bars are trying to do), but I really think that for most people this is the best solution.

If you have any questions I will be glad to help. I will echo lower_thresh’s recommendation of SuperPro. In my opinion they make by far the highest quality bars and end links on the market. We sell most of the major brands, but people who see them in person before buying always choose SuperPro.

Thanks,
Geoff

Lowest Prices on everything for your STi. We'll beat ANY price!
Click Here to read our review thread! Find out why we have the highest feedback score on IWSTi!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0