IW STi Forum banner

Aftermarket Wheels / Tires

Tires/Wheels 
329K views 628 replies 184 participants last post by  DGMchester 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Have anyone put on any new wheels / tires on their 15 WRX STi yet? We don't seem to have a thread for it yet. Lets get one together :)

I'm expecting mine in any day now (Hopefully) And thinking of getting some 19's put on. The 18's seem a bit small for the wheel wells. Do anyone know what are some good offsets for them?

#176 ·
They are nice. I had the hyper silver. But they are also fairly heady rims. I have ev5's on the car I just sold. But I hate the way they redesigned those as well. The matte finish they have is cheap and parts of it started peeling off showing a gloss finish underneath. I was tempted to have the Matt polished but that would have cost the price I paid for the rims to begin with so I said ef it. :lol:

#178 · (Edited)
If you are on stock suspension, expect rim/tire to stick out.

Stock rim is 18x8.5 +45 (90% sure haha). So you are increasing rim width a inch, so expect half a inch extension on both sides of the rim. (Half a inch more on visible side, half a inch inside fender) Then add another 17mm more to the outside since your offset is lower, and that'll give you a rough idea of how far out the CE28 will stick out. So your looking at 30mm farther out from the stock rims if you want to grab a ruler or something haha.

As far as brake clearance, those should clear without spacers needed.

Those are definitely awesome rims, and a nice aggressive look because of the offset. But you're gonna need suspension work and fender work to make it work. Are you going for looks or performance?

#181 ·
I have racecomp springs that I have yet to put on. I am guessing I need camber bolts for the front and LCA for rear? I just want the widest wheel I can fit without having A ridiculous amount of camber. It is my DD so if this is a bad idea, I would not take offensive if someone told me.

#198 ·
Maybe very slightly in daily driving. The poor choice of offset will be greater felt than the weight difference. But no self respecting person buys XXR anyways [emoji14]
Lmao. whats wrong with xxrs? Im referring to autocrossing on weight. Noticeable? Offset affect handling in what way?

#199 ·
I'm still advocating for proper offsets despite what people "think" or "feel" at the track or daily with an improper offset. You really don't want to mess with scrub radius since it affects braking and ABS.

Get +45 offset or highest you can with widest (9" or 9.5") and call it a day. 265 is more than enough unless you're pushing 600-700hp at the wheels.

I'm pretty sure the stock wheels + 245's are enough for 90% of people but we just want bigger...

#201 ·
Maybe they don't care about handling or speed. Maybe they just want it to look mean.

#208 ·
So update if anyone gives a crap... lol.. I caved in a got a more expensive set due to offset/style

Advan RS2 18x9.5 +45 in Hyper Black

Of course I had to get the center caps which are still cheaper from Japan. FLAT ones, not this ugly one in the pic lol

It's actually cheaper than buying local or US due to exchange rates directly from JAPAN!

$570 CAD Shipping but even then it's STILL cheaper than buying in North America.

Something for people who want Volks or Advan or other expensive wheels, buy on Rakuten.

FYI a set of Advans without shipping was $1950 CAD, or about 1500USD, don't think you can beat that..

#212 ·
What? I never damaged my wheels on my 08. Drive more carefully and not like a maniac? Lol

I dont drive like a maniac :lol: Well at least in parking lots. Ive just had wheels get chipped or something fly off another vehicle and damage a few set of expensive wheels. I spent about 4500 on some true forged chicanes for my shelby. I sold them after I fixed them and bought a much cheaper set of Weld RT-S S71's. I dont want to spend as much for the STI.

#214 · (Edited)
Lol thats true, but I have to see them when I park the car.

I have three choices on wheels im considering

Mach V wicked awesomes 18x9.5 +42 19lbs
Forgestar F14s 18x9.5 in +40 19lbs (lowest off set I think could get away with running)
Ssr GTV03 18x9.5 +45 23.5 (I found them for 1650ish for a new set) just not wild about the weight.

I just need to be able to turn lock to lock on 265s without rubbing or poking, much like +38 would do. Going to run 441 coils, but keeping it at stock height, odi said I could get custom valving to suit my needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.