IW STi Forum banner

2015+ Subaru STI pics -- Post Your Photos!

Photo/Video 
2M views 5K replies 781 participants last post by  JoeC 
#1 ·
As the title says. For those who are fortunate enough to receive their order early please share pics n vids so other who havent got their 2015 can drool n get their fix in for the day.

#11 ·
Just as a disclaimer: My history with cars so far has been a 2009 VW GTI, 2012 Audi TT-RS, and most recently a 2011 BMW e92 m3. I feel like it's good to list my previous cars so you know where my initial impressions are coming from.

I haven't pushed the car past 4000 rpm due to the break-in period, so I don't really know what the car can do yet. It does feel like its got a ton of power, but I won't know that until after 1000 miles or so :). The VW GTI and Audi TT-RS were both manual, and I can safely say after driving this car for only 50 miles or so that it definitely has the best feeling shifter I've used. I don't know if it's all due to the short shifter installed on my car, but it just feels right. I don't really know how else to explain it. The transmission is simply wonderful.

I don't know why reviewers were complaining about the ride quality at low/moderate speeds. I would say suspension wise it is as comfortable as my e92 m3 was. It certainly feels sure footed and stiff around corners. Another complaint I didn't get at all was the noise on the highway. Really? I guess it's subjective, but I didn't notice any excessive noise at all. It sounded like a car is supposed to sound when travelling at 60 mph. Again given my history of cars, I'm coming from the "sportier" side of things so maybe the noise would bother someone coming from let's say a camry or accord.

The head unit is trash, and that's no surprise. It took me 2 attempts (1 at the dealer, 1 at home) to figure out how the hell to pair my bluetooth phone. Probably 15-20 minutes total. What is surprising is the stock speakers are actually not that terrible. I am still replacing them with the kicker upgrade, but I didn't find myself going BLEH at the sound quality of the radio on the way home. I found it acceptable, which is great news since it'll theoretically be better with the head unit and kicker speakers/sub.

The car does not have auto-headlights. Was kind of surprised to see that, maybe I missed the switch somewhere, but according to the manual I should have something on the headlight stalk that says "AUTO" and it is no where to be found. Oh what will I do at night when I have to MANUALLY switch on my headlights???? First world problems...

That's all I can think of for now. If I think of more I will certainly post more impressions. Taking the car on a date with the lady tonight so maybe I'll find some other things worth mentioning!

#13 ·
The cars look awesome!!!

I too would love to hear some more real world reviews. How is the handling, the steering, the upgraded stereo/nav, seats, etc. I just cant wait until June (when my order is hopefully coming in).

One question i do have: Are there roof rack attachment points? I want to put a ski rack on in the winter and would love to know if the attachment points are there.

#34 ·
Some more quick things I noticed driving last night and on my morning commute:

The dead pedal is a little smaller than I'm used to. My shoe size is 10.5, the VW, Audi, and BMW before this car had a noticeably bigger dead pedal. Certainly not a huge issue, I would say my foot is definitely "cozy" though when not shifting :)

In the future I plan on getting the armrest extension for sure. The current armrest is pretty much useless where it is (I'm 5'8"). With regards to ride quality, as I said before, I didn't really notice a difference between my e92 m3 and this car, but when my gf got in she definitely did.

#51 ·
Some more quick things I noticed driving last night and on my morning commute:

The dead pedal is a little smaller than I'm used to. My shoe size is 10.5, the VW, Audi, and BMW before this car had a noticeably bigger dead pedal. Certainly not a huge issue, I would say my foot is definitely "cozy" though when not shifting :)

In the future I plan on getting the armrest extension for sure. The current armrest is pretty much useless where it is (I'm 5'8"). With regards to ride quality, as I said before, I didn't really notice a difference between my e92 m3 and this car, but when my gf got in she definitely did.
Damnit. I need a quick fix to this to sell this on my fiance! Maybe if I get a custom removable seat cushion installed hah? :confused: