IW STi Forum banner

2015 Subaru WRX STI Owner's Manual!

Other 
42K views 43 replies 29 participants last post by  LapisWRX 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Saw this posted in the "Post-Order" thread so I want to give proper credit:

Thought that it deserved its own thread. This will certainly make the work day go by a little faster :)

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I read the manual, one question though. With keyless entry / push button start, what happens when the car is started and you get out to shut the garage door or something. The car stays running? I would think yes, but would like to know for sure.

#14 ·
Re: Re: 2015 Subaru WRX STI Owner's Manual!

Until you leave your keys in your wife's purse and drive to the store. Then shut the car off and can't turn it back on lol. Ask me how I know. Hopefully Subaru's key out of range warning is louder than VW.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

#15 ·
I didn't spring for the keyless entry, so I'm really glad to see Subaru has caught up to the 21st century and placed the remote function buttons on the body of the key itself. No more need to fumble around with a separate fob and key in between unlock and start. :)

#25 ·
Do the Canadian STi's have TPMS? I assumed they should and this is just a weird manual thing.
TPMS is required by US regulations, but not in Canada. Most manufacturers throw it in anyway, but in the past Subaru hasn't done this. My friend's '10 STi didn't have it. I'm also really curious to see if the 2015 Canadian models have it or not. I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't. In my experience, TPMS adds very little value and is a huge pain in the ass when swapping to winter tires or track tires.

#33 ·
I've had to pull dashes apart before to replace bulbs that burnt out. It's never fun, but it's not too bad if you can watch a video that someone else made first, showing you the tricks for that vehicle. I've never gotten a new rattle from pulling them apart, as long as you don't break any clips/mounting points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.