IW STi Forum banner

E85 Conversion - Opinions/Questions?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  praha-sti 
#1 ·
I have a quote for a E85 Conversion on My05 STi. What do you all think about the manufactures quoted and cost of labor? I have never done any of the thing quoted, however between myself and my stepdad I'm sure we could get it done. Both are mechanically inclined and have done plenty of work on cars.

Is $700 in labor reasonable or are these items pretty straight forward to install, how much time would it take? Plus I would not have to worry about who's at fault if there are issues. On another note I do like working on the car myself.

Let me know what your thoughts are, thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would say it is legit. Doing a top feed conversion means taking the intake manifold off and that sucks. Even after I converted my fuel lines it takes me 3-4 hours to remove and reinstall all of that crap.

At $90-100 per hour labor, I say 7 hours is decent.

#5 ·
Like I asked, is it reasonable? Not really looking for a "good deal" but a fair one. I asked about the parts quoted as well. I was hoping people would chim in on those two and how hard it was to install the parts yourself since I may go that way unless it is a pain in the ass.

#7 ·
Seems on the high-side to me ... you could probably do it yourself in 7 hours ... lol! I think 5 is more reasonable as noted, but depends on how much they're charing per hour. Ask them what the labor cost per hour is? It doesn't seem like they're ripping you off, but it does seem a bit high, that's all ... name that shop :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.