IW STi Forum banner

3076R w/ different A/R's

842 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MrDanno 
#1 ·
Hey IWSTi, I know there must be a thread about this somewhere but I couldn't find it and the fact that I was lazy to find it.

But I'm wondering about this turbo, because I'm really wanting to do some Time attacking in the future to come.

So, I'm wondering what's the differences are between A/R's?
If so, does A/R help in making more power? Or less lag?
I'm just curious because my goal is to make 400WHP with minimum amount of lag and such.

Thanks Danny.

#2 · (Edited)
As much as I hurts to link to a Mustang forum, here is an explanation:

Turbo Size, A/R and Trim

The larger the a/r the more 'lag'.

400whp is pretty easily attainable, but if you plan on running it hard I'd build the engine before you start time attacking it. It'll be a pretty pricey sum, but it should provide a lot of fun and a long life provided you install it properly and have a good tune.

#3 ·
As much as I hurts to link to a Mustang forum, here is an explanation:

Turbo Size, A/R and Trim

The larger the a/r the more 'lag'.

400whp is pretty easily attainable, but if you plan on running it hard I'd build the engine before you start time attacking it. It'll be a pretty pricey sum, but it should provide a lot of fun and a long life provided you install it properly and have a good tune.
Thanks dude, I was planning on rebuilding the motor when it blows up.
But as for 3076 w/ .82 A/R Would that get me 400WHP? With all the supporting mods and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.